News 02/12/2017 https://sources.debian.org is now available under official debian.org domain. Meanwhile sources.debian.net will no longer be available anymore.
The idea of sources.debian.org is to have all the source code of the packages of the Debian distribution unpacked available. After some discussion with a handful of people put it into git would be a good way to go so versioning and all this stuff wil be managed by git.
Hosting wouldn't be a problem, DSA told me/Noel 2009 at Debconf.
Right now other people like Guido Günther (git) and Hector Oron (emdebian) are interested in sources.d.o, too.
- source.debian.net registered but not working right now.
- a first hack written which is now in testing
- next step is gitweb setup to get the result viewable
- git-imports-dscs will add older versions (e.g. archive.d.o) on top of the sid versions, need to be aware of
- add branches for Debian stable releases (git-import-dscs option)
- security and point releases needs to be added in branches
Maybe add/link/work with: http://fossology.org/, http://penta.debconf.org/dc10_schedule/events/589.en.html, OpenGrok or LXR
- Put uploads to backports, volatile and stable updates on separate branches
- tarball in tarball packages
codesearch.debian.net working search of Debian code