The idea of sources.debian.org is to have all the source code of the packages of the Debian distribution unpacked available. After some discussion with a handful of people put it into git would be a good way to go so versioning and all this stuff wil be managed by git.
Hosting wouldn't be a problem, DSA told me/Noel 2009 at Debconf.
Right now other people like Guido Günther (git) and Hector Oron (emdebian) are interested in sources.d.o, too.
- source.debian.net registered but not working right now.
- a first hack written which is now in testing
- next step is gitweb setup to get the result viewable
- git-imports-dscs will add older versions (e.g. archive.d.o) on top of the sid versions, need to be aware of
- add branches for Debian stable releases (git-import-dscs option)
- security and point releases needs to be added in branches
Maybe add/link/work with: http://fossology.org/, http://penta.debconf.org/dc10_schedule/events/589.en.html, OpenGrok or LXR
- Put uploads to backports, volatile and stable updates on separate branches
- tarball in tarball packages
codesearch.debian.net working search of Debian code