Fixed the format a bit, and added a request for elaboration.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|=== Bosnia and Herzegovina Local team ===
* Please name the main local team and describe their commitement (i.e. connection, work they have done before, how long...) to Free Software projects - much preferrably, to Debian itself. ''~-(the best local organizers so far have not been debian people, so please disregard that part - Andreas)-~''
Local team consists of the following members:
* Safir Secerovic - firstname.lastname@example.org - Debian NM applicant and DebConf volunteer
* Vedran Ljubovic - email@example.com - Ubuntu Lite maintainer and Equinox Desktop Environment (EDE) developer
* Alen Sarkinovic - firstname.lastname@example.org - Bosnian LUG Chair
* Amila Akagic - email@example.com - Bosnian LUG member, Debian user
* Amar Prasovic - firstname.lastname@example.org - Bosnian LUG member
* Adis Nezirovic - email@example.com - Bosnian LUG member
* Adnan Hodzic - firstname.lastname@example.org - Bosnian LUG member
* Sanel Zukan - email@example.com - Bosnian LUG member
* Ahmed Mulalic - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Kemal Sanjta - email@example.com
* Nedim Hadzimahmutovic - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Linux Users Group of Bosnia and Herzegovina http://www.linux.org.ba
* Of these people, which have been '''present''' at a previous Debconfs and who have participated as '''organizers''' and/or '''volunteers''' (the line might be quite blurry at times) of a previous Debconf?
* Safir Secerovic, volunteered during DebConf5 and worked withing organization team for DebConf6.
=== Choice of city / town / whatever ===
* Are you suggesting a city, a town, a village, a spa in the middle of nowhere?
Host town: Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
* How many people live there?
Population: around 400.000.
* How easy/convenient is the proposed place to get all strange and regular kinds of hardware?
* Electronic/electricity shops
A number of local electronic/electricity shops
* Computer stores (A "media markt" like enduser oriented store doesn't count)
Quite a few of computer equipment resellers, including IBM, Dell and HP representatives.
* Supermarkets, etc.
A couple of supermarkets in the vicinity of the dorm area.
* Which is the nearest airport?
Sarajevo International Airport (SJJ)
* Are there any cheap airlines flying near the chosen city?
The low fare airlines flying to Sarajevo include Malev, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Alitalia...
* How long does the trip from the airport to the venue take?
Sarajevo International airport only 15 minutes away by taxi from the dorm.
* How friendly is your country towards foreigners?
My country is cosmopolitan and very open towards foreigners. We have no prejudices in racial/religious/political or other matters.
* Visas: Which/how many countries' citizens require getting a visa? How hard (bureaucratic, probable) is it to get it?
Citizens of most european coutries are not required visas to enter Bosnia for short term stays.
List of countries that are not required an entry visa for Bosnia and Herzegovina is available at:
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
ENTRY VISA REQIREMENTS
BiH entry visa shall be issued by diplomatic/consular offices of Bosnia and Herzegovina abroad
(Request for issuance of visa in PDF format).
For the purposes of private visit, guarantee letter/invitation by a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, certified by the competent body, shall be submitted together with the visa application.
For the purposes of business travel, business invitation by the partner from Bosnia and Herzegovina, certified by the competent economy chamber, shall be submitted together with the visa application.
One photograph shall be submitted together with the visa application.
Fees for visa issuance by diplomatic/consular offices:
Single entry-exit visa or transit visa 31,00 EUR
* Are there any import regulations, which might affect DebConf? (e.g. a limit to number of notebooks / DVDs / other media you can bring in; hard regulations for money transfers; etc.)
* Language: Do most people talk English? How hard is it for a foreigner to find their way around?
Majority of people understand English and can do a basic level of communication. It is relatively easy for a foreigner to find his/her way around the city. Also, a lot of foreign workers and diplomatic missions personel are based in Sarajevo and get along quite nicely.
=== Conference Facilities ===
* Is the venue ready for handicapped people? '''Note:''' Keep in mind that it's not only motion-handicapped - Is the area safe for people with ''any'' kind of handicap? Ellaborate as much as possible. Bonus: What people is it ''not'' good for? ''~-(we can not consider ALL kinds of handicapted people. please make reasonable assumptions to light to medium level motion handicaps - Andreas)-~''
* Access to all areas with ramps and/or elevators? (no, carrying somebody over some steps is ''not'' an acceptable option)
* Are there people with experience handling handicapped people, who checked that?
* How far away are the spaces from each other? (auditoriums, hacklabs, restaurant, rooms)
* What kind of places are available suitable for hacklabs, workshops, BoFs and talks?
* How many people fit in each of them?
* How flexible can that be handled?
* Can smaller auditoriums be merged into a bigger one? ''~-(is this a new requirement? - Andreas)-~''
* Are tables/chairs fixed, or can we arrange them to fit more people/give more room to the people that we need?
* What kind of audio equipment is allready present at the auditoriums?
* Wireless or stationary mics?
* clip-on kind of mics or cary in your hand mics?
* How many of them?
* Will the hacklabs be allowed to stay open 24x7? What time schedule do they offer?
* What kind of security will be there?
* How much does it cost to rent these facilities?
* Are there any limitations regarding the consumptions of food / alcohol? ''~-(this question needs to specify WHERE there are limitiations. For example in the sarajevo case I can imagine that the culture center would not want any alcoholic beverages. And the auditoriums in finland forbid all kinds or food and drinks. - Andreas)-~''
* How far is it to the nearest convenience stores / all-night restaurants?
=== Food ===
* Is the eating place near the talks place / the hacklabs? -~Please elaborate on where it is, and the distances involved.~-
We have the kitchen along with the dinning hall within the dorm area.
* What kind of food would be served?
Food served would be a traditional Bosnian cuisine.
* In what fashion? (service to the table, limited buffet, open buffet, etc.)
Food is offered on a self service basis.
* Would food for vegetarians / vegan / lactose-alergic / religious (of any denomination) people be available?
There will also be an option for vegetarian meals.
* How much meals to we need to order to get those kind of "special" meals?
* Will it cost extra to get those special meals?
* In a two week period, how many more or less equal meals can we expect?
* How much does eating cost per person per day ?
=== Network connectivity ===
* How much does it cost and how difficult is it to get a big internet connection? (10/20 Mbits '''at least''')
* How much work does it imply to cover the area with wireless links?
* Is the area already wired with regular network infrastructure? (much preferrably: 100Mbps or 1Gbps switched)
* If we use someone else's infrastructure, how easy / flexible can that be handled, regarding routing / firewall / ip-range / public access / other stuff?
* Do we have restrictions on allowed ports?
* Are we traffic-shaped? Or can we set a traffic shaper if we need so?
* Would it be possible to set up the network '''before''' Debcamp? (a few days earlier would be nicer) ''~-(changed from a week to a few days - Andreas)-~''
=== Special rooms ===
Both for server and video rooms:
* General conditions for the rooms
* Have they/do they need air conditioning?
* What electrical load can they handle?
=== Accomodation ===
* Is the place where people are going to sleep near the conference facilities?
* There's how many rooms ready for handicapped people? ''~-(this means that the bathroom need to be big enough and other facilities - Otavio)-~''
* Is it able to handle a varying number from 20 to 400 of people? ''~-(changed from 200 to 20 - Andreas)-~''
* Will it be possible for couples to stay together?
* Is it able to handle non-native (English) speaking people?
* How many room keys would be available?
* How much does it cost per person per night?
* Are there other hotels around?
* Will there be a need of a "Debconf" info-desk, or would the local people be able to handle that themselves? ''Info'' desk implies: handling bags (200-400), nametags (printing and giving them out), giving general information (Daytrip, Formal Dinner, etc), handling food-tickets, handle room-allocation, maybe handle the keys. See DebConfInfoDesk
=== Fun and Free time ===
* What activities can be done during the free time?
* What would be a possible Day Trip?
* Is the proposed location ready to receive people with disabilities? ''~-(same as above, assume reasonable limits of handicapped people - Andreas)-~''
* How expensive would that be?
=== Local Sponsors ===
* Do you have a list of prospective sponsors that might be interested in the conference? Money, hardware, connectivity, etc.
=== See also ===
|Safir Secerovic (sapphire) is a Prospective Debian Developer.|
Safir Secerovic (sapphire) is a Prospective Debian Developer.