reports bugs in the Debian distribution
reportbug is a tool designed to make the reporting of bugs in Debian and derived distributions relatively painless. Its features include:
- Integration with the mutt, af, and mh/nmh mail readers.
- Access to outstanding bug reports to make it easier to identify
- whether problems have already been reported.
- Automatic checking for newer versions of packages.
- Optional automatic verification of integrity of packages via debsums.
- Support for following-up on outstanding reports.
- Optional PGP/GnuPG integration.
reportbug is designed to be used on systems with an installed mail transport agent, like exim or sendmail; however, you can edit the configuration file and send reports using any available mail server.
If your system's users use locales with character sets other than UTF-8 and ISO-8859-*, one of either python2.3-cjkcodecs or python2.3-iconvcodec is required for proper operation. For Asian locales, the use of python2.3-cjkcodecs is preferred over the more limited python2.3-iconvcodec.
- the reportbug project page
- Reporting Bugs in Debian . Best Debian Bug report introduction i ever saw.
- debian BTS interface :
* How to report a bug in Debian : mostly tell how to do things without reportbug. http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting Also available in : /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt
- wiki page about the previous bug reporting command :
?SysAdminDocs : ["DebianXWindowsHowTo"]
- How to report bugs on Debian
- debian installer logs are in /var/log/debian-installer
- How to Report Bugs Effectively : generic recommandations for bug reporter
- an example of the "formal letter" send to some of our Xfree users
- Debian FAQ : 11.5 How do I report a bug in Debian?