FIXME : this is page is incomplete and have no structure. Though it is no worst than the void of newby documentation.
$ reportbug package
The commands shows already reported bugs by around 20 . Type Enter to reach next page. After the last one you will be asked if you want to report a new bug.
NB: If you don't know the vim text editor please choose one you know with "update-alternatices --config editor. In case you only know say gedit. Use :
From there there are two ways ( ) .
Way 1, read the reports, if one match , write its number and click enter
links which could help improve this page :
- the reportbug project page
- Reporting Bugs in Debian . Best Debian Bug report introduction i ever saw.
- debian BTS interface :
- How to report a bug in Debian : mostly tell how to do things without reportbug.
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting Also available in : /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt
- wiki page about the previous bug reporting command :
?SysAdminDocs : ["DebianXWindowsHowTo"]
- How to report bugs on Debian
- debian installer logs are in /var/log/debian-installer
- How to Report Bugs Effectively : generic recommandations for bug reporter
- an example of the "formal letter" send to some of our Xfree users
- Debian FAQ : 11.5 How do I report a bug in Debian?
- Re: bug reporting in noncommercial software : provide a light though complete description of reportbug capabilities and the BTS process.
http://lwn.net/2001/1115/letters.php3 , cf Re: bug reporting in noncommercial software