add "unsupported locale setting" woraround
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
|This warning may appear on the screen as '''reportbug''' is invoked. The error relates to [["Locale"]] configuration and can be ignored.||This warning may appear on the screen as '''reportbug''' is invoked. The error relates to ["Locale"] configuration.
* Workaround : type LANG=C before the command. for example :
Reporting bugs in Debian
reportbug is a tool designed to make the reporting of bugs in Debian and derived distributions relatively painless. Its features include:
- Access to outstanding bug reports to make it easier to identify whether problems have already been reported.
- Automatic checking for newer versions of packages.
- Optional automatic verification of integrity of packages via debsums.
- Support for following-up on outstanding reports.
- Integration with the mutt, af, and mh/nmh e-mail readers.
- Optional PGP/GnuPG integration.
reportbug is designed to be used on systems with an installed mail transport agent, like exim or sendmail; however, you can edit the configuration file and send reports using any available mail server.
If your system's users use [:Locale:locales] with character sets other than ["UTF-8"] and ISO-8859-*, one of either python2.3-cjkcodecs or python2.3-iconvcodec is required for proper operation. For Asian locales, the use of python2.3-cjkcodecs is preferred over the more limited python2.3-iconvcodec.
In email@example.com there is a robot that expects specially-crafted control messages for the ["bug tracking system"] ["BTS"] .
How to Report Bugs Effectively : generic recommendations for bug reporter?BR http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
Debian FAQ : 11.5 How do I report a bug in Debian ??BR http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-support.html#s-bugreport
an example of the "formal letter" send to some of our Xfree users ?BRhttp://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2003-November/003841.html
Warning: unsupported locale setting
This warning may appear on the screen as reportbug is invoked. The error relates to ["Locale"] configuration.
- Workaround : type LANG=C before the command. for example :