piuparts.debian.org: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. I think I've spotted a problem, what should I do now?
- Q. piuparts logs are long and cluttered with debug output - how do you read them?
- A) Usually it's best to read them bottom up, as errors happen at the end.
- Q. Whom should I contact if I think I found a false positive or some other bug?
A) firstname.lastname@example.org - but please read the complete FAQ before doing so.
- Q. What does state ''dependency-failed-testing'' mean?
- A) This means that at least one of the package dependencies failed its own piuparts testing. As a consequence, a package in the dependency-failed-testing state is not tested.
- Q. What does state ''cannot-be-tested'' mean?
A) This means that the package couldn't be tested when it was tried the last time. Check the linked log to find out the exact reason Usually it's because some depends haven't been build on amd64 (the (only) arch which is checked) yet. After seven days these packages are automatically rescheduled for testing, about this the piuparts.d.o maintainers are informed via mail, so if this happens regularily for a package they should notice.
- Q. What does state ''dependency-cannot-be-tested'' mean?
A) Read the previous question and apply logic
- Q. A package I'm interested in is in an untestable state. How can I find out if it would pass the piuparts test?
A) Run piuparts manually, as described in that README.
- Q. My non-amd64 binary package is missing, do you plan to test other architectures?
A) Yes. (Look at the file TODO in GIT.)
- Q. You are only testing main. Do you plan to test contrib and non-free?
A) Yes, when main is reasonably free of issues. But you can test your favorite package today, using piuparts yourself. It's easy.
- Q. How can I help?
A) by filing lots of bugs Please use piuparts usertags, to be written/copied templates for the bugreports and please get in touch with email@example.com too. Mid-term plan is to write tools to ease mass bug-reporting.
- Q. I'd like to fix a bug in piuparts - where is the code?
A) https://alioth.debian.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=30965 has the piuparts source code, while http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=piuparts/piuparts.git;a=summary is the code being to produce https://piuparts.debian.org. See the piuparts wiki page for more information on how to help developing piuparts.
- Q. There is something in a piuparts logfile on piuparts.debian.org that I don't understand, where can I get an answer?
A) You have at least three options: 1. add a question here, the diff is being watched and your question shall be answered. 2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Ask on IRC on #debian-qa.
- Q. Can I somehow tell piuparts to retest my package?
- A) Not automatically. Contact on mailing list or IRC. New versions of your package will be tested automatically though.