이 포털은 가상화에 대해 얘기합니다. 기술적 언어가 사용될 수 있습니다..
컴퓨팅에서, 플랫폼 가상화는 컴퓨터 리소스의 추상화를 뜻하는 용어입니다. 가상화는 컴퓨터 리소스의 물리적 특징을 사용자로부터 숨깁니다. (좀더 보기 Wikipedia)
사용 사례와 응용 솔루션
로컬 데스크탑 가상화
한 사용자의 책상 위에 둘 이상의 운영 인스턴스를 동시에 실행하는 로컬 워크스테이션
예: 가상머신에서 MS 윈도를 돌리는 데비안 호스트
- running applications that don't run on the host OS (e.g. running a Windows application on a GNU/Linux desktop)
- testing changes that may cause instability without disrupting the main host OS
- running a VM that is sandboxed/isolated from LAN or Internet resources
- as everything is local, performance is very high, especially for graphics
- uses spare capacity in workstation-class desktops
VirtualBox provides a nice GUI and accelerated graphics features for the VM
KVM can also do this, but the graphics emulation has performance limitations.
If GPU card passthrough works on your hardware then it is a great way to go
Alternative solutions for graphics acceleration are emerging, including VirGL (813658) and KVMGT (currently supports Intel Haswell-based GPUs only, can be adapted for others in theory). These solutions are discussed and compared in this thread
원격 데스크탑 가상화
A central server running dozens of virtual workstation instances for different users. Example: a Debian host running 20 virtual workstations.
- centralized management
- accessing a specific desktop or desktop application from multiple locations
- performance is comparable when accessed from multiple locations
- any local workstation can potentially be used as long as there is a remote desktop client such as VNC viewer. Old machines or machines running some other OS can be used for more purposes.
A single physical server running more than one virtual server OS instances. Example: a Debian host running five Debian virtual servers, two virtual Windows servers and ten virtual desktops.
- don't need to buy hardware for every server you want to run
- run just one major process on each virtual server (e.g. mail on one, SQL on another) so that they can be rebooted or upgraded independently of each other, making support and upgrades easier
Cloud is similar to server virtualization, except that instances become more abstract. Server instances can be deployed dynamically from templates for purposes such as horizontal scalability.
- scaling on demand
see the Debian Wiki Cloud page for more options
host 가상 컴퓨터로 데비안 사용하기
오픈 소스 솔루션
Qemu - Mostly used on Desktops/Laptops.
KVM - Used on servers as well as Desktops/Laptops.
VirtualBox - Mostly used on Desktops/Laptops. Similar to VMWare Workstation. Can be used in headless mode on servers.
Xen - Provides para-virtualization and full-virtualization. Mostly used on servers.
LXC - Linux Containers. Creates multiple isolated containers. Mainline since 2.6.26.
UserModeLinux Not really a virtualization. Doesn't need superuser privileges.
libvirt - Manage different virtualization solutions such as KVM and Xen through a common (programming and user) Interface.
?Ganeti - Cluster virtualization manager, for KVM or Xen.
VMware - 가상화 도구.
VirtualBox - There is an Open-Source-Edition (OSE) and a commercial one with enhanced functionality.
가상 컴퓨터에서 데비안 돌리기
Debian inside Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
Debian inside Microsoft Hyper-V.
다양한 가상화 방법을 동시에 사용하도록 데비안을 구성하는 방법에 대한 정보는 VirtualNetworking 페이지에서 볼 수 있습니다.
virsh - A command line tool based on libvirt-bin offering complete virtual infrastructure management.
kpartx - convenient utility for accessing partitions in an image file or LV from a virtual machine
xmount - tool to crossmount between multiple input and output harddisk images