A wiki page to coordinate the Debian packaging of pat, a Winlink client with basic messaging capabilities.
Constructive feedback edits are welcome on this page.
Salsa repo : https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/pat
Taowa's pat-work project on Salsa : https://salsa.debian.org/taowa/pat-work
Items to review
Items to review and decide upon:
(2021-03) pristine-tar # discouraged with go-team; what is debian-hams pref?
- (2021-03) ?get pat to build without bindata_assetfs.go [2021-04-03 FG is this necessary to remove? it's "generated by go-bindata" from files in the res/ subdir here ; seems like it should be OK]
Items to review, though no changes required:
- (2021-02 FG) d/copyright different license on res/ files, and d/missing-sources
(2021-02) what to do about systemd service pat@.service
- a service must be run per user [FG thinks]; should debconf be used to query and configure user setup? eval after use
- (2021-02) d/control Is WINWOR/WINMOR still supported, or should it be removed?
- (2021-02) review and document dependency mismatches
- (2021-02; 2021-04-01) lintian errors with osx
E: pat source: source-includes-file-in-files-excluded osx/Pat-Info.rtfd/TXT.rtf
left osx/ subdir, after reviewing Deb Pol 188.8.131.52. Repackaged upstream source closer, bullet 3 suggests leaving "MS-DOS files"; pat/osx/ subdir is by the same author and clearly licensed MIT
- other ideas included
- ?exclude osx from our orig.tar.gz "dfsg" [donfede unclear how to do this; find another sample package]
- (2021-03; 2021-03-30) CI - updated d/gitlab-ci.yml to match #debian-hams
- CI required enabling; script run by Myon
(2021-03-29) droped golang specific CI; most debian-hams CI is the same, e.g. https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/hamradio-files/-/blob/master/debian/gitlab-ci.yml
(2021-02; 2021-03-28) Where/how to store the upstream debian/changelog? (which is really pat changelog, rather than Debian packaging specific)
stored in /usr/share/doc/changelog.gz - https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#changelog-files-and-release-notes
- (2021-03-28) added README.Debian noting patched out ptc-go
- (2021-02; 2021-03-28) Evaluated d/control upstream Recommends ; relocated to Suggests given most will not need all transports and utils
Recommends: libhamlib-utils (>= 1.2), ax25-tools, gpsd (>= 2.90)
Upstream supports Architecture: amd64 i386 armhf; trying to support all Debian architectures
- could test build on porter boxes; wait for error reports for now