link to financial statements
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
|Debian Auditors can ask for detailed account statements on request and we're discussing ways of better integration with them.||Debian Treasurer can ask for detailed account statements on request and we're discussing ways of better integration with them.|
See the debian.ch bylaws, in English
2. The organization should share Debian's general visions
The organization's bylaws, activities and political stance should not conflict with the Debian Social Contract.
From the debian.ch bylaws, article 2:
- §2 PURPOSE
- debian.ch is the official representative of the Debian Project in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- The Association holds assets on behalf of the Debian Project in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- It supports the Debian project and its activities using the Association’s assets.
Note that these bylaws were written under the earlier running state of debian.ch actually being a TO. These highlight that the intent behind the debian.ch association foundation was to explicitly be a representative of the Debian project and support it and its activities.
3. The organization should remain loyal to Debian
The organization should be considered fully trustworthy, or provide guarantees that Debian's assets will be managed according to the Debian Project's decisions.
From the debian.ch bylaws, article 5, about membership:
- §5 MEMBERSHIP
- Members of the Debian project with permanent residence or citizenship in Switzerland (...) may choose to assert membership of the Association and their membership is automatically accepted.
- Any member may propose another person for admission as a member. The General Meeting will decide on their inclusion. The proposed member must be present at the meeting unless it is impractical for them to attend.
- A member can leave the Association debian.ch at his own request at any time.
- A General Meeting may choose to exclude a member without cause. A majority of 2/3 of members present must vote in favour of such a motion for it to be carried.
5.1. Indicates that the bulk of debian.ch members are Debian members, thereby providing the loyalty warranties.
For information, the current debian.ch Committee consists of <odyx>, <gaudenz> and <hug>.
4. The organization should provide accountability on assets held in trust
The yearly financial statements are published with the AGM minutes after each AGM. Debian Treasurer can ask for detailed account statements on request and we're discussing ways of better integration with them.
5. The organization should be reliable, sustainable, and reactive
As for reliability and sustainability, debian.ch has been running since at least 2008 without interruption, with annual general meetings (AGMs) and other in-person meetings.
Between 2011 and 2013, DebConf13.ch in Vaumarcus, was launched and conducted successfully by several debian.ch members. This involvement has hurt these members' reactiveness post-?DebConf13 (which is visible through the time it took to fill this procedure); this is getting better these days.
6. The organization should provide a reasonable financial framework
6.1. Bank account
debian.ch has an account at Postfinance in CHF and a ?PayPal account. An EUR account could also be opened if needed. These accounts are controlled by the acting debian.ch treasurer. The acting debian.ch president also has access to the accounts in case of need. Switzerland is part of the SEPA area which allows us free bank transfers within the EU.
- debian.ch can spend it's money according to the associations goal, which is "support the Debian project". This includes transfers to other TOs.
6.3. Tax-exemption status
- debian.ch did not apply for tax-exempt status, because the additional bureaucracy and limitations outweigh the advantages at the moment.
- debian.ch is subject to tax on earnings if our yearly earnings exceed 5000CHF.
7. Additional opportunities
debian.ch has been (and still is) selling Debian-branded merchandise including the popular umbrellas, swiss knives and stickers.