deb.li - the Debian ShortURL service
deb.li is a shortURL service for Debian related usage, hosted and developed by BerndZeimetz. The service is also available under the domain go.debian.net. To ensure that deb.li is not used by random spammers, adding new URLs is limited to a json-rpc web-interface for now, which is only accessible from a limited list of IPs.
* How do I use deb.li??
The easiest way to use deb.li is to use the following script. Just put it in your /usr/local/bin:
#!/bin/sh -e # call me 'deb.li' and use me as 'deb.li http://some/long/url', stdout is a cut-and-paste friendly URL echo "http://deb.li/$(ssh alioth.debian.org ~bzed/godebian-client/add_url "$@")"
Which hosts are allowed to access the json-rpc interface
- 220.127.116.11 (master.debian.org)
- 18.104.22.168/28, 22.214.171.124/26, 2001:41B8:202::/48 (Debian networks @ MAN-DA)
- 126.96.36.199 (merkel.debian.org)
- 188.8.131.52 (alioth.debian.org)
- 184.108.40.206/26 (Debian network @ dg-i)
- 220.127.116.11 (vasks.debian.org)
- 18.104.22.168 (wagner.debian.org)
- 22.214.171.124 (samosa.debian.org)
- 126.96.36.199/24 (Debian network @ UBCECE)
- 188.8.131.52/20, 2a02:16a8:dc41:100::/56 (Debian networks @ conova)
- 184.108.40.206/27 (Debian network @ GRNET)
- 220.127.116.11, 2607:f8f0:610:4000:216:36ff:fe40:3861 (nono.debian.org)
I'd like to add new URLs from a different host
Is there a character limit for the made-up short URLs?
Is it ok to add a huge amount of URLs automatically
Will there be other ways to add URLs to the service?
- An email-gateway is planned, but not implemented yet. It will accept gpg-signed control mails, similar to db.debian.org.
Is there a bugtracker?
Not yet. Please use deb.li/bugs for now.
Is there a preview page of the short URLs available?
Where is the code?
Where is the documentation in the code?
- Not yet written. Patches are welcome!
Is there an example JSON-RPC Client?
Python Library : sudo pip install GoDebian_api
How do I use the example Client?
Clone the git repository from ?git://git.recluse.de/debian/godebian-client.git or http://git.recluse.de/repos/debian/godebian-client.git and read the README. Also there is a checked out version on alioth.debian.org - have a look into ~bzed/godebian-client aka /home/users/bzed/godebian-client.
I'd like to use deb.li ShortURLs in my CIA bot messages, is this possible?
JSON-RPC API documentation
The json-rpc URL is http://deb.li/rpc/json. The following functions are provided:
url is the URL which should be shortened and key the key part of the short URL. Please note that the API is not declared as stable yet.