IRC: try on #debian-next
French Debian user approximately since etch, I have familiarity with technical wikis and wanted to give the one dedicated to my favorite system a little push.
OrphanedPages : refresh the corresponding Category page to make it disappear from Orphaned pages list
CategoryCategory : some of these pages often need a ?action=refresh (use of ?FullSearchCached macro)
CategoryRedundant : pages with infos to be merged
How to edit a redirect page?
Add ?action=edit&editor=text to the URL of the page. See also: HelpOnProcessingInstructions
Show full depth of current page's sub-pages:
Inconvenient: lists as a paragraph rather than vertically with bullets.
nodiscc, see some notes there.
- Check Orphaned pages.
Starting with homepages.
- Including their subpages? Makes sense if we consider them as homepage namespaces, also makes them not orphaned which is a plus.
- Not including their subpages. Most users use their pages for their drafts/as sandboxes. Is is worth finding a category for them?
- How to categorize...
- ...pages or user homepages related to a specific location/language?
- ...pages written in languages other than english (mostly translated from english)?
- only allow english category names? Use the lang macro for pages in other languages.
- allow translated category names?
- Some users might not know english which means they are harder to use.
- Would make MANY categories
- figure out some way to translate the category according to the lang meta.
- ...pages related to several topics, i.e: category for a FPS Game.
CategoryGame + CategoryFPS -> here, FPS loses some context
CategoryGame + CategoryGameFPS -> might turn complicated if more than 2 keywords, like in GameDevelopmentFPS (or GSoCStudent2018). Breaks the categories logic and seems messy. Should we limit categories to one trait, or max two traits? Make use of wiki namespaces instead of categories? i.e: /Game/FPS/SomeGame
Keywords to use with Debtags.
Web search portal doesn't have paging, so we can't get the full list of results.
Syntax example :
- tag:x11::window-manager AND tag:role::program AND NOT tag:scope::application
Software for which I have some interest, which are not packaged in Debian.
- mediaelch: organize and get infos for films/TV series
vcvrack, unfortunately has some CC-NC licenses clauses for graphical components