The purpose of this page is to demonstrate that arm meets the architecture recertification criteria for lenny.
If some of these requirements are irrelevant or implausible for the port, please add a waiver request indicating why and how this isn't a problem for the arch in bold.
The architecture is publicly available without NDAs via:
Aleph One (Balloonboard)
Simtec (CATS, Bast, ...)
ADS (Bitsyx, VGX, AGX, ...)
Arcom (Viper, ...)
ARM Corp (Integrator?)
Intel (IXDP240x, IXP28xx, ...)
Radisys (ENP-2611, ENP-2605, ...)
PePLink (MANGA, MANGA Mini, ...)
Glomation (GESBC-9312-sc, ...)
Technologic Systems (TS-7200, TS-7250, TS-7260, ...)
LogicPD (PXA270 Card Engine) oh, and about 100 others.
The following machines are available to developers:
agnesi.debian.org. Thanx to Joey Hess for making this happen, I believe.
Vince Sanders (Kyllikki) maintains a machine to which developers can be given specific access. jennifer.kyllikki.org port 1022. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an account.
The Debian port is maintained by the following developers, who actively work on architecture specific issues:
- Martin Michlmayr (tbm) debian-installer, kernel
- Riku Voipio, general
- Wookey, buildds, general
- Colin Tuckley, general
- Aurelien Jarno, general
- Gordon Farquharson, kernel, debian-installer
The port is being actively used at the following sites:
- Cambridge University Engineering Dept: 25 machines (Balloon3), 100 users, robotics teaching course.
- bar: 1 machine, yyy users, development server
According to popcon, arm has 806 users as of 21st January 2008 making it the 3rd most used arch in Debian.
The installer is being maintained by Martin Michlmayr and it's currently working effectively. Successful installation reports are available at: ...
Upstream support is provided by:
- binutils: codesourcery (Paul Brook)
- glibc: codesourcery (Paul Brook)
- gcc: codesourcery (Paul Brook)
- g++: codesourcery (Paul Brook)
kernel: Russell King and others,kyllikki, buytenh
- boot loader: there are lots of these for different machines
- blob - blob.sf.net
- able - Simtec Ltd
- uboot -
- redboot - Redhat Ltd
- apex -
Archive coverage and Autobuilder support
The port is currently at 96.23% up to date (21 Jan 2008) according to the buildd stats (95% cut off)
- The port has currently also built 96.23% of the archive (21 Jan 2008) (90% cut off)
The port builds from unmodified Debian source.
The following machines run buildds for the port:
- oldstable/stable/testing (*-proposed-updates, *-security)
- experimental, unstable non-free, bpo, unstable d-i
arm.kmuto.org - behind home NAT, buildd logs checked by http://experimental.ftbfs.de/ , adminned by Kenshi Muto (kmuto)
The security team have noted the following problems in supporting the architecture:
The Debian admin team have noted the following problems in supporting the architecture:
The stable release team have noted the following problems in supporting the architecture:
The release team have noted the following problems in supporting the architecture: