Marc "Zugschlus" Haber
Zugschluß is the German word for a train's tail signal which plays an important role in railroad safety systems. With its 8bit char removed and truncated to ?IRCnet's former 9 character limit, Zugschlus has become my nickname for most of my network related activities since 2000.
I have been a DebianDeveloper since 2001. Besides being maintainer for a number of less important packages, I am member of the maintainer team for some other and more important packages, most prominently adduser, the script Debian uses to create user accounts, and exim4, the default MTA for Debian sarge.
Take a look at my Packages Overview
How to find me on the Network
http://blog.zugschlus.de/ is my blog. I mainly blog in German (sorry) but the category Debian-English has some articles about Debian in English language. Pleased note that Debian-English is currently not syndicated on Planet Debian because of unresolvable incompatibilities between my blog hosting service and the Planet software causing a lot of duplicates showing up.
For bi-directional communication, you can reach me using one of the following media:
- on ICQ (252520118).
My E-Mail address is email@example.com.
Zugschlus' Helper Scripts
I intend to publish some of my helper scripts that are too small to form a "real" Debian package here real soon now.
- package-pool-helper, a collection of easy scripts that are used to manage a local package pool
- makekernel, a collection of scripts to build Linux kernels using Debian's kernel-package with some bells and whistles including automatic module packages build and dependency helpers that allow automatic upgrades even across kernel versions.
- debinterdiff, a script which builds an interdiff between the last two versions of a source package. This script is quite helpful in managing backports.
- chroot-helper, a collection of scripts that are helpful in working with chroots for package development, building and testing.
editchanges, a script that allows editing the local changelog of the system with some safety and auditing bells and whistles.
- muttdebbug, a script that calls up a bug report's mbox in mutt and configures mutt in a way that replying and forwarding is quite easy and powerful.
The Zg2ShellStartup page shows some useful things I have implemented in my shell startup files to make things easier. That includes a scheme to easily build the appropriate contents of ~/.ssh automatically.
Zugschlus' Nifty Admin Tricks
This future page will contain a list of the admin tricks I use on my server systems to easy my daily work. The following list gives an overview about what will be described here RSN.
- sshd configuration
- the partitioning scheme used on my systems, LVM, mountpoint handling, backups etc.
- using policy-rc.d to stop freshly installed packages from starting their daemons immediately
Incomplete List of Wiki Pages I feel responsible for
Hello, I have substantially modified the ?ModuleAssistantHints page (As i agreed that m-a deserves better promotion), then renamed it ModuleAssistant (as there were no other m-a page). I hope your comfortable with those changes, otherwise, your modification are welcome. -- @SIG