Differences between revisions 33 and 35 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 33 as of 2008-04-02 11:32:59
Size: 4420
Editor: ?CesarGomez
Comment:
Revision 35 as of 2008-04-03 11:06:09
Size: 5701
Comment: add a lot of info about technical stuff the groups should check for
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 26: Line 26:
= Peer support =
There isn't currently a mailing list set up, but we have #extremadura-2006 irc channel on irc.debian.net.
= Communication =
There isn't currently a mailing list set up, but it would be useful to have something like that!
Line 29: Line 29:
'''TODO:''' check for a current IRC and mailing list info! There is the habit to create an IRC channel for expecic meeting (e.g. currently for a meeting in Merida, we hang around at #merida on OFTC), but nothing really planned, and nothing for times before and after the meetings...

'''TODO:''' Somebody might set up a Mailing list for these meetings?!
Line 72: Line 74:

= Checklist for things to organize =

From some meetings, here is a checklist of things that might be good to take care that they are really there and set up at start oif each meeting:

You most probably want to have:

 * Powerplugs for each participant (take 2x<number of participants> - some people bring multiple laptops, some want to charge phones, camera's etc.)
 * A wired Switch for each participants (similar to power - 2x<number of partcipants> Ports) with an analog number of network cables
 * A flipchart
 * A programmable wireless router - it can either be used to bring the wireless to people who only have wired access if the location provides no cabled net, or, if the location provides cable only, those who want can have wireless, still
 * Debian and Debian Edu and ... mirrors - stable, testing, unstable, with sources would be very useful! - should be somehow possible to make available on the wired network - so data should be there as well as a configured service to distribute tha data - maybe some small NAS device

Intro

The good people of one of the larger Debian deployments in the world (80k+ debian boxes) have generously offered to host a number of work meetings for Debian during 2006.

actual meetings

current year

past years

Local contacts

  • César Gómez Martín, <cesar.gomez at gmail dot com> <cesar.gomez at juntaextremadura dot net>, Cáceres, ES

Location

The Extremadura region (not to be confused with the Estremadura region of Portugal) is an administrative region of Spain, located in the South-western part of the country.

It is made of the two provinces: Badajoz and Cáceres.

The worksessions can be held at three different places:

General Debian contact

  • General organisational questions and initial interface with local contacts: Andreas Schuldei < andreas@debian.org >

Communication

There isn't currently a mailing list set up, but it would be useful to have something like that!

There is the habit to create an IRC channel for expecic meeting (e.g. currently for a meeting in Merida, we hang around at #merida on OFTC), but nothing really planned, and nothing for times before and after the meetings...

TODO: Somebody might set up a Mailing list for these meetings?!

Transport

The Junta de Extremadura can fund up to 20 people, preferrably european attendees. The lodging strictly limits the number of people to 20, though.

Tickets

Travel is included: in particular ticket from airport of origin to Madrid. A shuttle or something similar will take attendees from the airport to the location of the actual meeting.

Local organizers take care of booking the tickets: attendees will receive an electronic ticket number via email; this ticket code, and the passport are all you need in the check-in area.

names given in the booking and in the passport must match *exactly*. Order of names, spelling, capitalisation etc do make a difference. If they don't match people seem to be rather inflexible -> no ticket

If you're not traveling alone (wife/children/friend/whoever) it's going to be easier if you book the ticket by yourself and you will be refunded. Reimbursement can take between 1-3 months.

Tickets are top priority: the sooner you give your details the better.

Visas

Don't need any visa any person coming for less than three months, from the following countries:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, San Maino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Switzerland, United States, Uruguay, and the EU

Any other situation requires a visa, indeed.

Accomodations

  • For the meetings in Merida, the Hotel Velada was used - general Spanish/European Hotel standards apply

TODO: add info for other locations, if know

Food

The sponsor is also taking care of food for the attendees. If anybody has any particular preference/need (like vegans or allergics) please contact the Local Contacts.

Network facilities

  • Specific to location - check with local contacts - or (TODO set up pages for all locations available and point to them for the specific meeting)

Printing facilities

  • Specific to location - check with local contacts - or (TODO set up pages for all locations available and point to them for the specific meeting)

Extra Hardware

  • Specific to location - check with local contacts - or (TODO set up pages for all locations available and point to them for the specific meeting)

Additional information

The following pages _might_ contain some useful additional/generic info that _might_ apply to your meeting:

TODO: collect generic info on these pages and move it to this page!

Checklist for things to organize

From some meetings, here is a checklist of things that might be good to take care that they are really there and set up at start oif each meeting:

You most probably want to have:

  • Powerplugs for each participant (take 2x<number of participants> - some people bring multiple laptops, some want to charge phones, camera's etc.)

  • A wired Switch for each participants (similar to power - 2x<number of partcipants> Ports) with an analog number of network cables

  • A flipchart
  • A programmable wireless router - it can either be used to bring the wireless to people who only have wired access if the location provides no cabled net, or, if the location provides cable only, those who want can have wireless, still
  • Debian and Debian Edu and ... mirrors - stable, testing, unstable, with sources would be very useful! - should be somehow possible to make available on the wired network - so data should be there as well as a configured service to distribute tha data - maybe some small NAS device