Wikibooks is a sister project of Wikipedia.org. While most Debian developer use their own tools to create documentation, wikibooks bear many chances to create user manuals:
- Users can contribute on a low entrance level.
- Wikibooks are well known and also perceived by non-technical people. Wikibooks for Debian users will stand side by side with Cook books or books about creative writing.
- Localisation is technically prepared within the infrastructure of Wikmedia.
This page is created to gather people who agree that it is a good idea to
- publish free documentation additionally as wikibook
- start developing user orientated documentation in a cooperative way.
These projects are my candidates for a start:
DebianEdu New Drift Book (aka: Running a Skolelinux network in your school) by Klaus Ade J. and others
Unterrichten mit freier Software - ein Lehrerhandbuch für DebianEdu und andere freie Schulsysteme (German)
If you are interested in supporting this projects, please sign up below:
Feel free to add your comments/suggestions right here.
Wikibooks on Free Software, ITC, and Education
- There is already a chapter "Teaching IT with FOSS"