Installing gnome-system-tools on Debian 7 Wheezy 32 bit or 64 bits
You must install the gnome-system-tools package in order to manage "Users and Groups" in Gnome.
There are two options to install gnome-system-tools package
- Using Debian "Add/Remove Software". Simply search for that package and install it
- Another option is to type in the following command in Root Terminal
apt-get install gnome-system-tools
- Using Debian "Activity Overview" search for "Users and Groups", start it
- You will need the root password. The main Users Settings window shows a list of users. In order to to supply the root password you must click the "Unlock" button.
- Operations are carried out by selecting items and clicking on buttons.