added link to it translation
← Revision 61 as of 2021-10-26 20:40:38
make translation header easy to include in translated pages -- thanks BeatriceTorracca :-)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|~-[[DebianWiki/EditorGuide#translation|Translation(s)]]: English - [[it/Welcome|Italiano]] -~||##For Translators - to have a constantly up to date translation header in you page, you can just add a line like the following (with the comment's character at the start of the line removed)
## <<Include(Welcome, ,from="^##TAG:TRANSLATION-HEADER-START",to="^##TAG:TRANSLATION-HEADER-END")>>
~-[[DebianWiki/EditorGuide#translation|Translation(s)]]: [[Welcome|English]] - [[es/Bienvenida|Español]] - [[fr/Welcome|Français]] - [[it/Welcome|Italiano]] - [[pt_BR/Welcome|Português (Brasil)]] - [[uk/Welcome|Українська]] -~
|Line 6:||Line 10:|
|This space is maintained by the [[Teams/Welcome|Welcome Team]], a group of current Debian users and developers wanting to help other aspiring or beginner Debian users.||This space is maintained by the [[Teams/Welcome|Welcome Team]], a group
of current Debian users and developers wanting to help other aspiring or
beginner Debian users and contributors.
|Line 8:||Line 14:|
|Join us on '''[[IRC|IRC]]''': [[irc://irc.oftc.net/#debian-welcome|#debian-welcome on OFTC]]||== I want to use Debian ==|
|Line 10:||Line 16:|
|<<TableOfContents(3)>>||Go to [[Welcome/Users]].|
|Line 12:||Line 18:|
|== Starting points ==||== I want to contribute to Debian ==|
|Line 14:||Line 20:|
|=== First time around ===
* [[http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-intro.en.html#s1.2|What is Debian?]]
* Keep up with the latest news quickly with [[http://www.debian.org/News/weekly|Debian Project News]]
* Ask your questions and check the beginners guides on the [[http://ask.debian.net|Debian Q&A site]] or on [[http://forums.debian.net/|the Debian forums]]
* '''More experienced users''' may prefer going directly to one of the numerous [[http://lists.debian.org/|mailing lists]]. [[http://lists.debian.org/users.html|Debian-user-* lists]] are normally used for technical help in specific languages.
|Go to [[Welcome/Contributors]].|
|Line 20:||Line 22:|
|=== Try or Install Debian ===
The following files are ISO images which can be used to make a bootable CD or USB key used to start your system with. More details about this, specially how to create such media in other operating systems, are available on [[http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/|the FAQ]].
|In a hurry? Check [[https://www.debian.org/intro/help|How can I help Debian?]]|
|Line 23:||Line 24:|
| * To '''try''' Debian (and optionally, install it), you can boot from a Live CD (GNOME desktop): [[http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/6.0.7/i386/iso-hybrid/debian-live-6.0.7-i386-gnome-desktop.iso|Debian 6]] (stable, aka Squeeze) / [[http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/next/i386/iso-hybrid/debian-wheezy-live-rc1-i386-gnome-desktop.iso|Debian 7]] (testing, aka Wheezy)
* '''More experienced users''' may want to create a custom LiveCD with the [[http://live-build.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-build|Debian Web Live CD generator]] or download [[http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/|other versions]], types and sizes of installers (including installers for older computers, network-based, servers, etc.).
|== Talks and Meetings ==|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|Find out more about [[http://www.debian.org/releases/|Debian releases]], including community support cycles, release/End-of-Life dates, repositories, etc.
== Joining the Debian Community ==
* Read [[http://www.debian.org/social_contract|The Debian Social Contract]]
* [[DebianWiki/EditorQuickStart#Account|Create your home page on the wiki]]
* Check [[DebianWiki/Content#writing-style|the wiki content writing style guidelines]] before contributing content
* Check [[DebianWiki/EditorGuide#Screenshots|the Screenshots section in the Editor Guide]] before contributing screenshots
== Expats, welcome ==
Eventually each distribution's section would move to a page under /Welcome, as content is augmented/improved.
=== Ubuntu ===
* See http://wiki.debian.org/Ubuntu
* [[irc://irc.oftc.net/#ubuntu-expats|#ubuntu-expats on OFTC]]
== Developer resources ==
* [[DerivativesFrontDesk|Debian derivatives front-desk]]
* [[Utnubu]] (inactive) is Ubuntu spelled backwards. One of Ubuntu's activities is frequently redistributing packages originally from Debian to Ubuntu's users. Well, Utnubu is about the reverse, copying packages from Ubuntu to Debian.
| * MiniDebConf Marseille 2019: [[https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2019/miniconf-marseille/2019-05-25/welcome_team.webm|video]] [[attachment:welcome_team.pdf|slides (PDF)]]
CategoryTeams | CategoryCommunity
Welcome to Debian
This space is maintained by the Welcome Team, a group of current Debian users and developers wanting to help other aspiring or beginner Debian users and contributors.
I want to use Debian
Go to Welcome/Users.
I want to contribute to Debian
Go to Welcome/Contributors.
In a hurry? Check How can I help Debian?