added PostgreSQL & QGIS (from the French page)
update for ports integration into Debian
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|* [[http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/|Debian Ports]]||* [[http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/|Debian Ports]]|
Some software projects and some Debian developers provides extra repositories that you can use besides the official ones. There are various reasons why the software availaible in these repositories is not packaged in Debian. It could be because the software is not yet in Debian (dotdeb), legal concerns (deb-multimedia), or because the software itself is closed-source (e.g., Oracle, Opera). We use the following tags to describe the repositories, to get an idea of the trust you can put in these repositories.
- DD : The repository is managed by a Debian developer or a Debian maintainer
- FLOSS: the repository contains only free/opensource software
- COM: the repository is backed by an external commercial identity.
These tags can be combined
Here is a list of known places :
- Provides (mostly multimedia) packages for stable/testing/unstable which aren't or can't be in the official distribution (licences...).
- DD, FLOSS, semi official
Provides avr32, m68k, sh4 and sparc64 ports. There's several known ?DebianPorts/Mirrors.
- DD, FLOSS, semi-official
- The primary purpose of this repository is to provide package versions of the KDE applications which for some reason cannot be uploaded to unstable or experimental. For Debian sid.
- OpenWRT fused with Debian
Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/DebWrt
- Provides backports to Debian Stable of up to dates versions of the MySql/Php LAMP stack
- Provides the Window Manager Enlightment DR17 and its associated libraries
- Provides Chrome
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
- Provides Google Earth
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb/ stable main
- Provides Google Talk plugin
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugin/deb/ stable main
- Provides adapted versions of packages (like mksh, openntpd, rdate) and new packages, including backports to etch/hardy/lenny as the need arises. Unofficial, but tries to produce good quality and standards compliant packages.
- Provides mod_pagespeed for Apache
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/mod-pagespeed/deb/ stable main
- COM, FLOSS
- Provides the MongoDB database.
deb http://downloads-distro.mongodb.org/repo/debian-sysvinit dist 10gen
- Staging area and backports (Debian/Ubuntu) for Neuroscience software
- FLOSS, COM
- Provides opennms, a Network Management Solution
- Provides the Opera web browser
- Provides the Oracle Express ( free as free beer ) Database.
deb http://oss.oracle.com/debian unstable main non-free
- Package for various distro's including Debian stable, testing, unstable, experimental
- Check for Mozilla, Google and other project repo's
- Provides Trinity (fork of KDE3.5)
Provides VirtualBox including the non-free components
- Provides all of PostgreSQL versions
- Provides the latest package versions of QGIS