Ultimate Debian Database
Ultimate Debian Database (UDD) for short is an ongoing effort to create a relational database to encode information about Debian items (packages, bugs, popularity, ...).
It is currently being worked on as [wiki:SummerOfCode2008/UltimateDebianDatabase Google Summer of Code 2008 project].
This page is for coordination during the project development.
- Student: Christian von Essen
- Mentor: Lucas Nussbaum
- Co-mentor: Stefano Zacchiroli
- Co-Mentor: Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt
Sources of data we would like to import
If you have a use for this data source in mind, add the source to "we really want them". If not, add it to "we might want them". And you are allowed to move sources from "we might" to "we really want", of course. The one who originally added the source might not have thought of your use case
We really want them
- information about source and binary packages on each arch (basically the content of *Packages or *Sources, either by importing those files, or by importing projectb)
- BTS (including usertags)
- history of uploads (godog's work)
history of testing migrations (lucas' work, on http://qa.debian.org/~lucas/testing-status.html)
We might want them
- debtags (integrating the tags into the database)