psql 8.4 is now installed on merkel
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
|== (Old?) Resources ==
* [[/DataSources|data sources]] we want to be injected in the db
* [[/udd.debian.net|wiki entry]] on [[http://udd.debian.net]]
|== Other resources ==
* [[http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/lucas.nussbaum/talks/debconf9-ultimate-debian-database.pdf|Slides from a UDD talk at Debconf9]]
Ultimate Debian Database
Ultimate Debian Database (UDD) gathers a lot of data about various aspects of Debian in the same SQL database. It allows users to easily access and combine all these data.
The data currently being imported include:
- Packages and Sources files, from Debian and Ubuntu
- Bugs from the Debian BTS
- Popularity contest
- History of uploads
- History of migrations to testing
- Orphaned packages
- Ubuntu bugs (from Launchpad)
More data sources can easily be added (and will be in the near future).
To connect to udd.debian.org:
From merkel.debian.org: /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/psql 'service=udd'
From alioth.debian.org: psql 'service=udd'
Remark: Please note that some commands like for instance \d might not work because of accessing a PostgreSQL 8.4 server using a PostgreSQL 8.3 client. (see posting on Debian-QA mailing list)
Same with python-psycopg2: conn = psycopg2.connect(host="localhost",port=5441,user="guest",database="udd")
Examples of queries: http://udd.debian.org
Database schema: http://udd.debian.org/schema/
Database server: runs on postgres with plperl and postgresql-debversion
UDD started as a Google Summer of Code project by Christian von Essen (Neronus), co-mentored by Lucas Nussbaum, Stefano Zacchiroli and Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt. It is now mainly maintained by Lucas Nussbaum, with help from others.
See also :