add short URLs for feeds
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
| * OGG feed: http://www.frostbitemedia.libsyn.com/rss/twid.ogg
* MP3 feed: http://www.frostbitemedia.libsyn.com/rss/twidmp3
| * OGG feed: http://www.frostbitemedia.libsyn.com/rss/twid.ogg (AKA http://deb.li/twidogg)
* MP3 feed: http://www.frostbitemedia.libsyn.com/rss/twidmp3 (AKA http://deb.li/twidmp3)
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
|1. Asheesh Laroia <paulproteus at Debian> - Keeping Debian people motivated and friendly, through efforts like "Debian for Shy People" at Debconf and "Four Days" on debian-mentors.|
This Week In Debian - Podcast
Web page: http://frostbitemedia.org/node/7
Contributing to TWID
Are you interested in advertising some area of the Debian community and ready to talk about it in a podcast episode?
Then add your name below!
You can also suggests others for interviews.
Remember that people outside the Debian community might have hard time figuring out how to contact a Debian IRC nickname or even full name. So please add links or other contact information that enable the pocast editors to get in touch with potential speakers.
The Frostbite Systems company sells computer hardware pre-installed with GNU/Linux distributions, including Debian of course.
FrostbiteMedia has contacted Debian to check whether the project is interested in starting a This Week In Debian podcast. Thanks to shared effort by Frostbite and Debian, the podcast is now up and running! To keep the podcast running, we always need to plan (and record) ahead a few episodes, to ensure the sustainability of the podcast.
- Ben Hutchings - kernel team
- Margarita Manterola - Debian Women.
Neil McGovern - Release team
People available for interviews
Are you interested in participating as interview partner?
If so, please add your name below, together with a brief description of the topic you'd like to talk about.
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl - Publicity Work
Alexander Reichle-Schmehl - getting involved as non-technical user
Rhonda - Upstream and Downstream collaboration
- Joerg Jaspert - FTPMaster foo
Niels Thykier <firstname.lastname@example.org> - eclipse and java
Asheesh Laroia <paulproteus at Debian> - Keeping Debian people motivated and friendly, through efforts like "Debian for Shy People" at Debconf and "Four Days" on debian-mentors.
add yourself here
Interview partners suggested by others
Do you want to hear someone specific in such a podcast, add his name and possible topics below.
- an ftpmaster (explain what they do, what their responsibilities are)
If an ftp-assistant is good enough, I can explain some if our tasks -- Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
- Bdale Garbee (explain what Debian's technical committee does)
- Russ Allbery (discuss lintian, Debian policy)
- gregoa (Debian Perl team, squashing release critical bugs)
- Ian Jackson (Debian's journey from 1993 to today)
Biella Coleman & Bdale Garbee (Debian history and culture)
- luk and/or vorlon (Release Management)
- POX (debian python/applications modules team)
- Samuel Thibault (accesibility)
- Guillem Jover (dpkg internals/tips)
- listmaster (fighting spam in the debian lists)
- Don (BTS internals/tricks)
- jeremie koeing (Hurd installer)
- Arthur liu (this year's gsoc projects)
- freee/siretart/? (debian multimedia)
- formorer (debian backports infrastructure)
- aurel32 (debian ports)
- franklin/pabs (debian wiki, how to contribute/help)
- Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu founder, relationship building on a Debian base)
- Alice Ferrazzi (Debian women, how to attract more women to Debian)
add your suggestion here
Other Topic Ideas
Just have a topic idea? Add it below.
Debian Women Project (Maybe ask on email@example.com)
add your suggestion here
People available for help
Are you interested in helping? If so, please add your name below and give a summary of how you'd like to help.
I don't have a topic, but would be interested in contributing as an interviewer or panelist. I Suggested starting a Debian podcast on identi.ca in June, but the co-host I asked unfortunately declined. I would suggest that weekly is a bit too frequent, but I may be surprised. --- RyanBaroletFogarty
Happy to help here too, though I also have a touch of skepticism that we can sustain this over the long term. I think our current DPL is very accessible, which is a good thing, but hopefully we can interview others as well. --- JeremiahFoster
Well, it would be nice to have the podcasts translated to other languages. I could do it into Spanish (I know very good both Latin-American Castilian (native) and Spanish Castilian). --- AlejandroMatos
Another one that may help on the spanish version of the podcast --- AntonioMaldonado
add yourself here