Agenda for meeting 2011-02-15
- Template and README for other projects to pull from
- Layout issues
- RTL(right to left writing) problem in the design
- Planet doesn't work well with min font size settings, feedlist overlaps entry texts (acessibility bug for visual handicaped people)
- Language switch improvement
http://www.debian.org/misc/awards got a bit ugly (maybe due to usage of tables)
612138 i, (Old translation warning hides text in the new style)
612118 n, "/distrib/ should link to multi-arch image rather than separate 32-bit and 64-bit images"
612442 n, "limit maximum width of text"
612244 m, "Home banner kerning wonky"
612447 w, "Home button and menu line doesn't look good with line break on small windows"
612116 w, "/CD/ should now redirect to the new /distrib/"
612444 m, [planet.d.o] "people names on planet hard to read" [Kalle on it]
- Work on "Layout Problems" logfiles
- Further apache.conf tweaks? (zobel/symoon)
- Using usertagging as default view for bugs.d.o/www.d.o?
UTF-8 conversion (taffit/MadameZou see 567781)
A list of TODO items - not in a particular order
process feedback and get constructive/real remarks from it: http://firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00085.html http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00091.html http://email@example.com 612208 612244 612444
make http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ more compact (like CD/vendors, need mirror_list.pl tweak, and sorting the user country first)
- inter-sites links under the red button ? (symoon solution does work with CSS2 browsers, not IE7..)
- which compatibility against web browsers are we looking for ? IE7 ? Default epiphany with small min font size ?
- get all apache logs to a central location and run statistics over it
- check the vendors list: english/CD/vendors/testvendors.pl seems a script to do this job (thanks Tolimar for this hint!)
- taffit suggested to contact /users/ to check if they still use Debian
improve /intro/help section reorganizing contents on how to contribute per-profile (see 608400)
website <-> wiki relation. Which data comes where?
- red PLANET bit on planet.d.o/es needs to link back to the main page
- planet.d.o/cgi-bin/search.cgi is completely unstyled
- review and update doc/books entries (Tolimar volunteers for that and has already some preparations)
- there is a scaling issue on the front page when Iceweasel is set to "Zoom Text Only", the RSS buttons push the design so that a horizontal scroll bar appears. the issue appears to be that they are set to strictly 35px wide, instead of whatever size they need to be. turning off the width doesn't appear to have any adverse affects. I wonder if the line-height should be px too
- on lists.d.o the "mailing lists" red thing is not a link to the top of the lists page.
set a specific road map for /doc/ area:
split data and content in the /doc/ area [madamezou]
apply content changes proposed by osamu (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00094.html)
check vendors listed in /distrib/pre-installed [madamezou]: the plan is
- visit sites to check if vendor still sell PCs with Debian pre-installed, if not or if in doubt
- send a mail asking if they still do, saying that if there will not be response after 10 days we will remove them.
Please note that this is not a wish list!