/devel/people needs some love
link to the todo list on the website too
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|Please check also the [[http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/meetings|past meetings minutes]] for more TODO lists.||Please check also the [[https://www.debian.org/devel/website/todo|website]] and [[Teams/Webmaster/meetings|past meetings minutes]] for more TODO lists.|
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
|* make http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ more compact (like CD/vendors, need mirror_list.pl tweak, and sorting the user country first)||* make http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ more compact (like CD/vendors, need mirror_list.pl tweak, and sorting the user country first) ([[http://bugs.debian.org/706324|bug 706324]])|
A list of TODO items - now in a particular order
Please note that this is not a wish list! Use the bug tracking system to report them.
About new layout
Via Mailing list:
"Text columns should not be to wide. If they are, the eye looses orientation and the text gets more unpleasant to read. I've found the following guidelines: 60-80 characters or 10-12 words (in english texts) or 30-35em. http://www.elmastudio.de/webdesign/typo-tipps-fuer-webdesigner-fliesstexte-gestalten http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00076.html
You could put the news and security advisors on the frontpage in a column on the right and thus making the main text narrower. http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00076.html
again, for 60-80 characters tw column another user http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00079.html
-> http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/website/dynamic_cols/dynamic_columns_debhome.html may be an answer to these reports
Proposed 13px as absolute minimum font-size http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00076.html
too small font-size for the #hometoc and also for Icons text on wiki start page (on 1600x900 laptop screen) while the normal text is ok http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00085.html
there are not cross link from www.d.o to wiki.d.o and back http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00085.html : maybe deploy http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/website/menu-red/menu.html ?
behind the Debian logo on the left (of the header) the background's fade effect isn't the same and seems broken. It would be nicer with the same fade colours of the central headers. http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00091.html
too much scrolling: less information per page and more pages or maybe better navigation tools http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00202.html --> more TOCS menu automatically, similar to what taffit did for DPN ?
Minor issues via BR:
- inter-sites links under the red button ? (symoon solution does work with CSS2 browsers, not IE7.. maybe not that much a problem ?)
- which compatibility against web browsers are we looking for ? IE7 ? Default epiphany with small min font size?
- there is a scaling issue on the front page when Iceweasel is set to "Zoom Text Only", the RSS buttons push the design so that a horizontal scroll bar appears. the issue appears to be that they are set to strictly 35px wide, instead of whatever size they need to be. turning off the width doesn't appear to have any adverse affects. I wonder if the line-height should be px too
- red PLANET bit on planet.d.o/es needs to link back to the main page
- planet.d.o/cgi-bin/search.cgi is completely unstyled
- on lists.d.o the "mailing lists" red thing is not a link to the top of the lists page.
Reviving site's areas
improve /intro/help section reorganizing contents on how to contribute per-profile (see 608400)
review and update doc/books entries (Tolimar volunteers for that and has already some preparations)
set a specific road map for /doc/ area:
apply kallesdesign also for Dev ref, Installation Manual, release notes, Debian FAQ (see: http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00112.html)
split data and content in the /doc/ area [madamezou] → (done for books.wml)
- order language in translation's locale
apply content changes proposed by osamu (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00094.html)
get rid of /misc/
/misc/merchandise should go in /events/
/misc/children-distros should go in /derivatives
Merge the /CD/ and /distrib/ part of the website, following up on 612116 or in a specific wiki page welcome
split data and content in /partners/ section
Use an UDD-like database to produce /devel/people
- get all apache logs to a central location and run statistics over it
website <-> wiki relation. Which data comes where?