|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
| * upload [[http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/rubygems-integration.git;a=summary|rubygems-integration]]
* /!\ done, waiting for NEW processing.
* upload version 1.1 after is passed NEW !!!
| * /!\ upload [[http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/rubygems-integration.git;a=summary|rubygems-integration]] ''waiting in NEW''
* upload version 1.1 after 1.0 passes NEW !!!
|Line 25:||Line 24:|
| * coffee-script-source
| * coffee-script-source ''WIP - terceiro''
* execjs ''WIP - terceiro''
|Line 29:||Line 28:|
|* coffee-script||* coffee-script ''WIP - terceiro''|
|Line 31:||Line 30:|
|* coffee-rails||* coffee-rails ''WIP - terceiro''|
|Line 33:||Line 32:|
|* uglifier||* uglifier ''WIP - terceiro''|
Getting Rails 3 into Debian wheezy - coordination page
DISCLAIMER: we don't know if it will be possible to get Rails 3 on wheezy. Nevertheless, this page is being used to coordinate our attempt. -- AntonioTerceiro
- metapackages: ruby-rails-3.2 + rails3
uploaded, waiting for NEW processing.
Make Debian packages recognizable by Rubygems - this is necessary because of the way Rails uses bundler to declare application dependencies and load them at the right time. It will require overriding the Rubygems path and modifying dh_ruby to install a .gemspec file. WIP - terceiro
change gem2deb to install gemspec
upload this new gem2deb
upload rubygems-integration waiting in NEW
- upload version 1.1 after 1.0 passes NEW !!!
mass upload of all packages depending on gem2deb
see this thread
- Look out for relevant exceptions:
- none of more common the database drivers (ruby-sqlite3, ruby-mysql, ruby-pg) have gemspecs!
ruby-sprockets is 2.4.x, while the actionpack gemspec requires 2.1.x !!!!
- review railties after Debian packages are recognizable by Rubygems
- Package missing dependencies:
jquery-rails (2.0.2) waiting in NEW
rdoc not actually needed, provided by ruby
coffee-script-source WIP - terceiro
execjs WIP - terceiro
- execjs also supports spidermonkey, but the spidermonkey adapter is marked as deprecated (why is that?)
coffee-script WIP - terceiro
- must be patched to use the existing coffeescript from libjs-coffeescript)
coffee-rails WIP - terceiro
sass-rails WIP - gramos
uglifier WIP - terceiro
master bug preventing the entire rails 3 stack from entering testing: 674518
- bug links here
Rails 3 testcase
- Create an empty application
- the Gemfile must be same as the one created by rails installed via rubygems
- yet nothing should be downloaded via rubygems/bundler
- you must be able to boot the application
- rails console
- rails server
- remove public/index.html
- add a welcome controller and point the root to its index
- acessing / must work
- jquery and jquery_ujs must be referenced in the page header
- rake assets:precompile must work