|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|* metapackages: ruby-rails-3.2 + rails3 - ''WIP - terceiro''|| * metapackages: ruby-rails-3.2 + rails3
* /!\ uploaded, waiting for NEW processing.
|Line 16:||Line 17:|
| * Look out for relevant exceptions:
* none of more common the database drivers (ruby-sqlite3, ruby-mysql, ruby-pg) have gemspecs!
* review railties after Debian packages are recognizable by Rubygems
Getting Rails 3 into Debian wheezy - coordination page
DISCLAIMER: we don't know if it will be possible to get Rails 3 on wheezy. Nevertheless, this page is being used to coordinate our attempt. -- AntonioTerceiro
- metapackages: ruby-rails-3.2 + rails3
uploaded, waiting for NEW processing.
Make Debian packages recognizable by Rubygems - this is necessary because of the way Rails uses bundler to declare application dependencies and load them at the right time. It will require overriding the Rubygems path and modifying dh_ruby to install a .gemspec file. WIP - terceiro
change gem2deb to install gemspec
upload this new gem2deb
done, waiting for NEW processing.
mass upload of all packages depending on gem2deb
see this thread
- Look out for relevant exceptions:
- none of more common the database drivers (ruby-sqlite3, ruby-mysql, ruby-pg) have gemspecs!
- review railties after Debian packages are recognizable by Rubygems
- Package missing dependencies:
jquery-rails (2.0.2) WIP - terceiro
rdoc not actually needed, provided by ruby
coffee-script-source not needed (see coffee-script below)
- execjs also supports spidermonkey, but the spidermonkey adapter is marked as deprecated (why is that?)
- must be patched to use the existing coffeescript from libjs-coffeescript)
sass-rails WIP - gramos
master bug preventing the entire rails 3 stack from entering testing: 674518
- bug links here