There are multiple roles in the Debian Release Team: "Release Managers", "Stable Release Managers" and "Release Assistants". The people that are currently assigned to one of those roles are listed at the Debian's Organizational Structure page.
Unix group: debian-release
- Services handled by the team:
- /srv/release.debian.org/ on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/queue/p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/queue/o-p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
Interacting with the team
Read the FAQ first: DebianReleaseFAQ
Email contact: email@example.com
Public IRC channel: #debian-release on irc.debian.org (OFTC)
Release Goals: ReleaseGoals
wanna-build access: Read the documentation on wanna-build actions
The Release Team manages the release cycles for testing, stable and oldstable.
For testing, this usually includes coordinating library transitions and release goals. For stable and oldstable, the team approves uploads.
Fix an RC bug from this list of RC bugs (scroll down to 'useful queries').
Fix britney2: see list of bugs.
- Find hints to be added.
- Using the transition tracker (ben/benup)
- Check lists: