Unix group: debian-release
- Services handled by the team:
- /org/release.debian.org/ on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /org/ftp.debian.org/queue/p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /org/ftp.debian.org/queue/o-p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
Interacting with the team
Read the FAQ first: DebianReleaseFAQ
Email contact: <debian-release AT lists DOT debian DOT org>
Public IRC channel: #debian-release on irc.debian.org (OFTC)
- Luk Claes (IRC nick luk): Release Manager
- Adeodato Simo (IRC nick dato): Release Manager
- Philipp Kern (IRC nick phil): Stable Release Manager
Neil McGovern (IRC nick Maulkin): Release Assistant
Pierre Habouzit (IRC nick MadCoder): Release Assistant
- Adam D. Barratt (IRC nick adsb): Release Assistant
- Felipe Auguso van de Wiel (IRC nick faw): Release Assistant
- Jurij Smakov (IRC nick trave11er): Release Assistant
- Dann Frazier (IRC nick dannf): Release Assistant
- Steve Langasek (IRC nick vorlon): Release Wizard
- Andreas Barth (IRC nick aba): Release Wizard
- Marc Brockschmidt (IRC nick HE): Release Wizard
Managing release cycles for testing and stable.
Help implementing a transition tracker (contact <luk AT debian DOT org>)
- Fix britney: tpu does not need approval hints anymore in some cases?
Fix britney2: see TODO.
- Find hints to be added.
2009-02, on debian-devel-announce - Lenny Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs
2009-03, on debian-devel-announce - Kicking off Squeeze: initial tidbits from the RMs
2009-07, on debian-devel-announce - Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes
2009-07, on debian-devel-announce - Bits from the release team and request for discussion
2009-07, on debian-devel-announce - Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 "Squeeze" release goals
2009-08, on debian-devel-announce - Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union
2009-10, on debian-devel-announce - Bits from the release team: Planning, request for help]]
2009-09, on debian-devel-announce - Release Team, BTS, and debian-release@ policy.
2010-02, on debian-devel-announce - Release architectures
2010-02, on debian-devel-announce - Bits from the Stable Release Team
2010-03, on debian-devel-announce - Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze
2010-04, on http://blogs.turmzimmer.net/2010/04/04#squeeze-9 (semi-official) - RFH: Release Team (aka, how to help)