Fixed link (page moved recently)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
| * 2009-02, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/02/msg00000.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Lenny Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs
* 2009-03, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/03/msg00011.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Kicking off Squeeze: initial tidbits from the RMs
* 2009-07, on [[http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090729|debian-devel-announce]] - Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes
* 2009-07, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/07/msg00001.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the release team and request for discussion
* 2009-07, on [[http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090730|debian-devel-announce]] - Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 "Squeeze" release goals
* 2009-08, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/08/msg00008.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union
* 2009-10, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/10/msg00002.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the release team: Planning, request for help
* 2009-09, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/09/msg00005.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Release Team, BTS, and debian-release@ policy.
* 2010-02, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/10/msg00000.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Release architectures
* 2010-02, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/02/msg00009.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the Stable Release Team
* 2010-03, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/03/msg00005.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze
* 2010-04, on [[http://blogs.turmzimmer.net/2010/04/04#squeeze-9||debian-planet]] ''(semi-official)'' - RFH: Release Team (aka, how to help)
* 2010-06, on [[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/06/msg00002.html|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the Release Team: current status; where next; scheduling
* 2010-08-06, on [[http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20100806141310.GA2965@ftbfs.de|debian-announce]] - Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" frozen
* 2010-08-06, on [[http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20100806134418.GC9183@halon.org.uk|debian-devel-announce]] - Bits from the (chilly) release team
See also the point release (see [[DebianLenny|lenny]], [[DebianEtch|etch]]...)
There are multiple roles in the Debian Release Team: "Release Managers", "Stable Release Managers", "Release Wizards" and "Release Assistants". The people that are currently assigned to one of those roles are listed at the Debian's Organizational Structure page.
Unix group: debian-release
- Services handled by the team:
- /org/release.debian.org/ on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /org/ftp-master.debian.org/queue/p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
- /org/ftp-master.debian.org/queue/o-p-u-new/COMMENTS on host ftp-master.debian.org
Interacting with the team
Read the FAQ first: DebianReleaseFAQ
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public IRC channel: #debian-release on irc.debian.org (OFTC)
Release Goals: ReleaseGoals
Managing release cycles for testing and stable.
- Fix britney: tpu does not need approval hints anymore in some cases?
Fix britney2: see list of bugs.
- Find hints to be added.