This is a SRM's TODO list, which might not be authorative or complete.
The following things need to be done for a point release:
Before a PointRelease
- Move remaining (suitable) packages from p-u-new to p-u
- Send the preparation mail.
- Make sure removal bugs are assigned to ftp.d.o in the BTS
Check with ?KernelTeam for specials with the Kernel
- Check with d-i team for specials with this update
Check, if ReleaseNotes need to be updated. If yes, coordinate with translators
- Coordinate date with the FTP-Team
Notify the Debian-CD team of an upcoming ?PointRelease
- coordinate with d-i team for text for d-i changes
- Review that security archive is in sync with stable + p-u
- Review that p-u is built on all arches for all packages
While the PointRelease
- Check with the FTP-Masters
- List of packages that needs to be released
- List of packages (including bugnumbers) that needs to be removed
- Need d-i to be moved from p-u?
- Need to decruft?
- Sign the release file
- Check if /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/README was updated.