This is a SRM's TODO list, which might not be authorativ or complete.
The following things need to be done for a point release:
Before a PointRelease
- Move packages from p-u-new to p-u
- Send the preparation mail.
Check with ?KernelTeam for specials with the Kernel
- Check with d-i team for specials with this update
Check, if ReleaseNotes need to be updated. If yes, coordinate with translators
- Coordinate date with the FTP-Team
Notify the Debian-CD team of an upcoming ?PointRelease
While the PointRelease
- Check with the FTP-Masters
- Need the d-i to be moved from p-u?
- Need to decruft?
- Sign the release file