notify debian-www of the date
Added: Ping for an updated ia32-libs
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
|Line 18:||Line 19:|
|* Ping for an updated ia32-libs|
|Line 19:||Line 21:|
|* Send an announcement of the date to debian-release, [[Teams/Security|Security Team]], PressTeam, [[Teams/DebianCd|Debian CD]], debian-live, email@example.com, debian-kernel, debian-boot, debian-www|| * Send an announcement of the date to the release, security, press, CD, live, kernel, installer and web teams using this list of addresses:
* firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Line 30:||Line 33:|
This is a SRM's TODO list, which might not be authorative or complete.
The following things need to be done for a point release:
Before a PointRelease
- Move remaining (suitable) packages from p-u-new to p-u
- Make sure removal bugs are assigned to release.d.o in the BTS and mentioned in the queue-viewer
Check with ?KernelTeam for specials with the Kernel
- Check with d-i team for specials with this update (check esp. if old versions of d-i should be purged if new versions enter $suite's d-i area)
Check if ReleaseNotes need to be updated. If yes, coordinate with translators
- Have an FTP-master ready/notified/available 3 weeks before the Point Release
- Make sure base-files has been uploaded to update /etc/debian-version (this can be lingering in p-u-NEW for a while in advance, too)
- Ping for an updated ia32-libs
- Check whether any packages need adding or updating in $suite-r0
- Send an announcement of the date to the release, security, press, CD, live, kernel, installer and web teams using this list of addresses:
Send an announcement to debian-stable-announce encouraging people to test stuff in p-u (for the misc bugfixes, not the incorporated DSAs, see SUA3-1 for an example).
- coordinate with d-i team for text for d-i changes
- Generate the mail using point-release-mail.
- Review that security archive is in sync with stable + p-u
- Review that p-u is built on all arches for all packages
- Prepare the website changes
During the PointRelease
- Check with the FTP-Masters
- List of packages that needs to be released
- List of packages (including bug numbers) that need to be removed
- /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/queue/$queue/COMMENTS/REMOVALS , displayed on queue-viewer
- List of packages that need updating in $suite-r0
- Need d-i to be moved from p-u?
- Need to decruft?
- Check /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/ftp/dists/$codename/ChangeLog
- Check if /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/ftp/README was updated.
- Sign the release file
After the PointRelease
- Check that everything that should be released really was released
Notify email@example.com as people tend to cry occassionally
- Update the website
- Watch mailing-lists for abnormalities
Notify Distrowatch; send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a new release to the Debian freshmeat page