Bring note on removals more in to line with practice
Co-ordinate date with CD and press, rather than just notifying them
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|* Coordinate date with the FTP-Team||* Coordinate date with the FTP-Team, Debian-CD and PressTeam|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
| * Notify the PressTeam of an upcoming PointRelease
* Notify the Debian-CD team of an upcoming PointRelease
This is a SRM's TODO list, which might not be authorative or complete.
The following things need to be done for a point release:
Before a PointRelease
- Move remaining (suitable) packages from p-u-new to p-u
- Send the preparation mail.
- Generate the mail using point-release-mail.
- Send a mail to the Press team
- Make sure removal bugs are assigned to release.d.o in the BTS and mentioned in the queue-viewer
Check with ?KernelTeam for specials with the Kernel
- Check with d-i team for specials with this update (check esp. if old versions of d-i should be purged if new versions enter $suite's d-i area)
Check if ReleaseNotes need to be updated. If yes, coordinate with translators
Coordinate date with the FTP-Team, Debian-CD and ?PressTeam
- Have an FTP-master ready/notified/available 3 weeks before the Point Release
- Make sure base-files has been uploaded to update /etc/debian-version
- coordinate with d-i team for text for d-i changes
- Review that security archive is in sync with stable + p-u
- Review that p-u is built on all arches for all packages
- Prepare the website changes
During the PointRelease
- Check with the FTP-Masters
- List of packages that needs to be released
- List of packages (including bugnumbers) that needs to be removed (best: dak rm lines as prepared above)
- Need d-i to be moved from p-u?
- Need to decruft?
- Check /srv/ftp-master.debian.org/ftp/dists/$codename/ChangeLog
- Check if /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/README was updated.
- Sign the release file
After the PointRelease
- Check that everything that should be released really was released
Notify email@example.com as people tend to cry occassionally
Notify the DebianCD Team that the ?PointRelease is done
- Update the website
- Watch mailing-lists for abnormalities
Notify Distrowatch; send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a new release to the Debian freshmeat page
- Propose a tweet/dent on the #debian-publicity IRC channel