All point releases now are >= lenny, so drop the conditional
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
| - Generate the mail using point-release-mail.
- Send a mail to the Press team
|Line 11:||Line 13:|
|- They are mentioned in the queue-viewer|
This is a SRM's TODO list, which might not be authorative or complete.
The following things need to be done for a point release:
Before a PointRelease
- Move remaining (suitable) packages from p-u-new to p-u
- Send the preparation mail.
- - Generate the mail using point-release-mail. - Send a mail to the Press team
- Make sure removal bugs are assigned to release.d.o in the BTS and prepare dak rm lines for ftp-master.
- - They are mentioned in the queue-viewer
Check with ?KernelTeam for specials with the Kernel
- Check with d-i team for specials with this update (check esp. if old versions of d-i should be purged if new versions enter $suite's d-i area)
Check, if ReleaseNotes need to be updated. If yes, coordinate with translators
- Coordinate date with the FTP-Team
Notify the Debian-CD team of an upcoming ?PointRelease
- coordinate with d-i team for text for d-i changes
- Review that security archive is in sync with stable + p-u
- Review that p-u is built on all arches for all packages
- Prepare the website changes
While the PointRelease
- Check with the FTP-Masters
- List of packages that needs to be released
- List of packages (including bugnumbers) that needs to be removed (best: dak rm lines as prepared above)
- Need d-i to be moved from p-u?
- Need to decruft?
- Sign the release file
- Check if /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/README was updated.
After the PointRelease
- Check that everything that should be released really was released
- Notify debian-security as people tend to cry occassionally
Notify the DebianCD Team that the ?PointRelease is done
- Update the website
- Watch ML for abnormalities