Debian 9 (stretch) is planned to be released on 2017-06-17.
If you have time the week before, and particularly the day of the release, you can engage with the Publicity Team to help promoting the release.
Below is a list of tasks to which you can contribute. Feel free to edit this page to add more tasks or ideas, split them in microtasks, and sign up for the ones that you can do
Banners and countdown by Valessio Brito: http://valessiobrito.com.br/stretch/
Website design by Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra: https://gitlab.com/yemanjalisa/debianstretchwebsite
What you can do: Use the softWaves theme to create some graphical resources for the written content.
Live microblog coverage of the release
Contributors: Laura Arjona
Resources: From older releases: git Repo (Dents from the past releases and random facts, stats and other titbits), details about what was needed for Jessie in this mailing list thread - https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/publicity/publicity.git/tree/release/dents - Micronews: https://micronews.debian.org/pages/contribute.html
- What you can do: Send proposals for dents, engage in IRC to acknowledge the publications
- When: starting about 08:00 UTC on 2017-06-17
- IRC channels:
- posting will be co-ordinated on the #debian-publicity IRC channel
usual procedure except silence eventually counts as an ack
- the various teams related to the release are co-ordinating on IRC, you'll need to be on some of their channels to help draft/post dents: #debian-release #debian-ftp #debian-boot #debian-cd #debian-live #debian-buildd #debian-backports #debian-admin #debian-mirrors #debian-security #debian-www
- if #debian-release has been muted because of noise, try joining again to get voice or /msg jmw
- Resources: Git Repository
- What you can do: Write, proofread, translate the announcement.
Article for blog (bits.debian.org)
Coordinator: Ana Guerrero
Resources: bits.debian.org git repository
- What you can do: proofread, promote the article when it's published
Release party in Debian Party Line
Resources: Release Party in Debian Party line
What you can do: Edit the Release Party in Debian Party line to sign up, install mumble and join the party!. Edit this page to sign up as coordinator or contributor. Gather info about the party for the report
- When: starting about ??:?? UTC on 2017-06-17