Revision 1 as of 2014-09-12 07:32:44
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|* [2014-09-12] no uploads into Debian yet||* [2014-09-12] no uploads into Debian yet|
Galera is a clustering system. For details see http://galeracluster.com/
- [2014-09-12] no uploads into Debian yet
Current plan is to package one Galera package into Debian that can act as the WSREP provider for all MySQL forks that have a WSREP consumer.
Principal drivers are Otto Kekäläinen and James Page.
Binaries for public testing
The directory http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/galera-repo/ is browseable and there you can find build logs and both binary and source packages. Build logs have the git hash appended so it is possible to track build logs per commit.
Latest test packages can be installed after adding the sources.list line corresponding to your distro:
# Precise binaries widely compatible deb http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/galera-repo/ galera-precise-amd64/ deb http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/galera-repo/ galera-precise-i386/
Git clone the package and run 'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b'.
Work-in-progress is visible at: * https://github.com/ottok/galera/compare/codership:3.x...3.x * https://github.com/javacruft/percona-xtradb-cluster-galera-3.x/compare/javacruft:feb6a2550dde8f2ae1efcbf646df8f99e28f7945...javacruft:master
- What should the package name be? Simply 'galera', 'galera3', 'galera-3.x' or 'galera-25.3.x'? Do we need to support having multiple galera versions in the same Debian repository at the same time? How are upgrades and API version changes and syncronization with server packages handled in general?
- If the repository has multiple galera versions (e.g. galera2, galera3 or galera25.2.x or galera25.3.x) do they need to be co-installable? If so, how should the files and paths be named to avoid filespace clash?
- Should the Galera library and arbitration daemon be separated into different packages? Arbitration daemon would anyway depend on the Galera library package too. Does the Galera library depend on values in the /etc/default/garbd file?
- Do we want to view libgalera_smm.so as a generic shared library? Should packaging include ldconfig commands?
How to contribute
Contributions are welcome! Just state your interest on the pkg-mysql-maint mailing list or send git pull requests directly.