Draft for moving lists.debian.org to liszt.debian.org
- Relocate liszt.debian.org to the datacenter of MAN-DA (probably: Friday KW46)
Read as in: Three floors down!
- Uploading new postgrey package with updated d.o-hosts to volatile.debian.org
- Announcing postgrey for volatile.d.o
- 2-3h later: Sending announcement for lists.debian.org move in N+3 days with downtime-schedule
- Set DNS TTLs for services to 30min
Day N+1 and N+2
- Preparing move of lists.debian.org.
- Check that all needed software is installed.
- Check that all installed software is running as expected.
- Copy listarchives to liszt.d.o
- Point CNAME for lists.debian.org to liszt.debian.org
- Pseudo-Move: Do we have any service we can try with? teams.d.o? BTS-Subscription?
- Stop SMTP on murphy.debian.org
- Final sync of /var/list to liszt.debian.org
- Point MX for lists.debian.org to liszt.debian.org
- Reconfigure scripts to use liszt.d.o as hostname (yes, we do have a few pieces that have murphy hardcoded).
- enable a subset of IP-Ranges that are allowed to send mails to liszt.debian.org (eg. ftp-master, www-master, BTS) and check if everything works as expected
- Run amavis in debug / debug-sa for a while
- Open MX for all hosts
Counter-Proposal for the move
Murphy/Master -> Liszt Transfer
- set up liszt - done
- install all required software on liszt - tbd
- configure required software - tbd
- sync all data from murphy - maybe done
- sync all data from master - tbd
- sync all configuration from murphy and test extensively - tbd
- sync all configuration from master and test extensively - tbd
- test more
- pre-final syncing of data
- reduce TTL
- stop incoming SMTP on murphy
- final syncing of data from murphy + master
- configure liszt to feed mhonarc on liszt instead of master
- pipe mail to lists from murphy to liszt so liszt acts as listserver, do this on a weekend and watch the entire day
- let murphy clear the queue while acting in parallel
- switch DNS
- unreduce TTL