IME Packaging Team
Alioth Project: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ime
Documentation: See call for help as a starter
Unix group: pkg-ime (help to set up web page appreciated)
Interacting with the team
Read the FAQ first: not yet implimented
Email contact: email@example.com
Email archive: https://alioth.debian.org/mail/?group_id=30337
Request tracker: Please use Debian BTS for each package
Public IRC channel: Not-used at this moment
Work and coordinate to provide the good Input_method infrastructure to the Debian desktop.
Typical candidates packages are:
uim and its family of packages
fcitx and its family of packages
scim and its family of packages
The requirements to the members are the following (This is based on the de facto practice and only an tentative one.):
- interested in maintaining the good IME packages on Debian. (No need to have packages)
abide by the Debian Social Contract.
- willing to work with other people on the IME packaging team.
- communicate publicly on this ML or BTS of packages. (Along with the social contract #3: "We will not hide problems")
- Respect and follow the guidelines and best practices
- pkg-ime activities
use utils package section for the IME main package and its plug-in packages.
(Do not use misc.)
use firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate
use alioth VCS service under collab-maint group, if possible.
- Do not to use package or group specific section of VCS system to make it easy for other DDs to contribute.
We still use pkg-ime group for many existing packages for historic reason. (This is acceptable.)
use git with git-buildpackge style archive organization, if possible. ( master + upstream + pristine-tar branches)
- packaging style
- "dh $@" style (dh7) preferred in debian/rules
- multi-arch support as much as possible.
- plugin-executables location coordination:
- For ibus-family packages, multi-arch-forein plugin-executables needs to override default with LIBEXECDIR=/usr/lib/ibus/ (please note there is no arch name)
If you wish to join, please get alioth.debian.org account and request via its web interface at alioth and also send your message to the mailing list.
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth (general guide for alioth system)
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ime/ (click near the right bottom corner)
How-to's on collab-maint join requests on Alioth:
- senior: active participation in jessie cycle expressed
- junior: no response