contributors.debian.org website development
See http://contributors.debian.org/ for the instance currently deployed.
See also http://www.enricozini.org/2013/debian/debian-contributors-right-after-debconf/ for some background.
This website TODO list contains only those items that can clearly be worked on right now, and is used as coordination between the people working on the site.
Generic wishlists, things that require large changes in the site, or things that need a lot of discussion before being implemented, are tracked on the BTS.
Add a nullable display_name field to the User model, and allow users to edit it. Change User.get_full_name to return display_name as a first choice, falling back to email if it is None.
During maintenance, scan names from GECOS / LDAP and add them to missing first/last names in User.
The layout of the editing forms /sources/update/NAME can still be improved; errors should be laid out so they stand out, spacing is unnecessary.
Add an interface for people logged in to claim an email addresses, with a url being sent to that email address to confirm the claim. This needs a new model for pending claims, the code to send the mail and a view to accept the confirmations.
Add a new Source.data_since field to Source, ?DateField(null=True), which when present means that there are contributors from before that date, but data is only available since that date. When showing contributions, if c.since<=data_since then show "Since records began" instead of a date.
Identifier.get_absolute_url with a page listing details about an identifier, like all known contributions.
Autodetect compression type from uploaded file name, if available. This allows to just use curl -F firstname.lastname@example.org without needing -F data_compression=gzip. Look into contributors/importer.py ValidatingDict.get_data: f is a Django ?UploadedFile object with a .name attribute.
Desired data sources
- Debconf volunteers: ask for historical penta logs, so to have all subset of debconf volunteers
- nm-site-devel (scanning git log, or the mailing list, should do)
- debconf subtitles (done: just waiting for implementation of contributors.d.o to show people with a non @debian.org address)
- www.debian.org contributors: scanning CVS repo commits
- Perl Team: they have a pretty advanced activity tracking system for the team, it can be adapted (ask them)
- po-debconf, website: via l10n bot (bubulle already replied sending link to the bot's source, need coding people to look at it)
- manuals, doc: scanning svn repo commits
- installer: ?
- wiki: ?
- ddtss: ask maintainers of the service (waiting for reply)
- Publicity: scanning svn repo commits
- Debian Blends: they have an activity tracker, it can be adapted (ask them)
- BTS: second-hand via UDD?
Data model: nm-dc.png (graphed with sqlt-graph from manage.py sqlall contributors
How to create a new data source: DebianContributors