Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
List of issues that affect our work mode and need discussion.
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages; or maintainance tools ...
- Work out how the applications "branch"/git repo really works.
- Finish or just use the "unified" debian/rules (for packages with and without quilt).
- Create the header/identifier for debian/rules that allows mass-updates.
- Clean up the "New Packages - Work in Progress" (i.e. never uploaded) list of packages in PET.
- Review the "Newer upstream available - Work in Progress" section in PET and file ITPs for missing packages etc.
- Rename all source packages to lib*-perl.
- Rewrite packagecheck (in Perl, modular, maybe not only for pkg-perl)
- Forward all (non Debian specific) patches upstream and add the CPAN RT ids to the patch headers. Maybe we need a tool?
- Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...)
- Investigate possible migration from Subversion to Git
- Policy 3.8.1: mass update packages?
- Lenny is out!
- remove transitional dummy packages
remove (?) B-D on "perl-modules (>= 5.10) | libFOO-perl"
- continue breaking it to isolated modules
- make POD coverage pass (by completing the docs)
make --refresh also update (or at least check&warn) dependencies (and their versions)
Topics that don't fit in the above categories.
- boilerplate for reference to changelog
- mechanism for members to accept this procedure