GPL-1 already exists
remove Conflicts->Breaks item, mostly fnished, the few remaining Conflicts can be checked when someone works on a package
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
|* Policy 3.9.0: changes re Conflicts->Breaks (package renames/splits): [[http://bugs.debian.org/578854|#578854]]|
Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
It should have an up to date list of open tasks, please remove completed tasks; for documentation please add links to the History section below (instead of adding them in between the tasks here).
List of issues that affect our work mode and need discussion.
- Investigate possible migration from Subversion to Git.
- "Letter to the Perl Community" about Module::Install?
debhelper compat v8 (M::B instead of EUMM): after squeeze or now, and if now with "perl (>= 5.10) | libmodule-build-perl" or with dropping support for backports to oldstable
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages; or maintainance tools ...
- Create the header/identifier for debian/rules that allows mass-updates. (diocles)
- Rewrite packagecheck (in Perl, modular, maybe not only for pkg-perl) (jeremiah)
- forward all (non Debian specific) patches upstream and add the CPAN RT ids to the patch headers; wait for DEP3 to be finalised? write a nice bug/patch forwarding helper tool (skeleton in svn)?
we need a tool for easy editing of patch headers according to DEP3; first version of patchedit exists (jozef++)
Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...)
- Policy 3.8.4: mass update packages? Very old standards-versions might warrant (just for QA work) to be updated, as they were built with very old toolchains. We should at least check packages that have not been updated since Sarge release.
After squeeze: remove B-D on "perl (>= 5.10) | libFOO-perl"
- After squeeze: remove transitional dummy packages (and debian/TODO items for them)
- Finish summer cleanup (remove packages from svn that were injected but never finished for upload; started 2010-07-29)
perl 5.12 transition: fix bugs, change some build dependencies after 5.12 hits unstable
Check the documentation on our website.
Policy 3.9.1 (and base-files) has introduced /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-1. #436105
- check RFP/ITP packages
- discuss git support and way forward
- review the code that Jeremiah has written to see if it fits our needs
- suggestions for more functionality, feedback, etc.
(not exclusively a pkg-perl topic but still)
- multi-repo support?
- merge ansgar's PET2?