PET - missing ITPs/packages
examples for lintian errors
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
|* Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide.||* Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...)|
Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
This page collects ideas for tasks within the ["Teams/DebianPerlGroup"]. These tasks can be worked on at DebCamp or might be tackled by volunteers "at home".
The previous list of tasks on this page has been discussed during DebCamp in August 2008. The minutes of the meeting are available in the archive of the [http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2008/08/msg00029.html debian-perl mailing list].
List of issues that affect our work mode and need discussion.
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages; or maintainance tools ...
- Work out how the applications "branch" really works.
- Finish or just use the "unified" debian/rules (for packages with and without quilt).
- Create the header/identifier for debian/rules that allows mass-updates.
- Clean up the "New Packages - Work in Progress" (i.e. never uploaded) list of packages in PET.
- Review the "Newer upstream available - Work in Progress" section in PET and file ITPs for missing packages etc.
- Rename all source packages to lib*-perl.
- Rewrite packagecheck (in Perl, modular, maybe not only for pkg-perl)
- Forward all (non Debian specific) patches upstream and add the CPAN RT ids to the patch headers.
- Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...)
Topics that don't fit in the above categories.
- boilerplate for reference to changelog
- mechanism for members to accept this procedure