more cme promo
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
|* Summer cleanup (remove packages from Git that were injected but never finished for upload)|| * Yearly cleanup (remove packages from Git that were injected but never finished for upload)
* retrieve the list is taken from [[http://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi|PET]] ("New packages" section
* send the list to our mailing-list, with some deadline ([[https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2012/07/msg00001.html|example email]]
* wait until the deadline expires
* delete the Git repositories using the [[http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-perl/meta.git;a=blob;f=remove-repository|remove-repository script]]
Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
It should have an up to date list of open tasks, please remove completed tasks; for documentation please add links to the History section below (instead of adding them in between the tasks here).
List of topics that affect our work mode and need discussion.
- Wheezy freeze and package updates: shall we upload new upstream versions to sid during the freeze?
See Minutes from the meeting at DebConf in 2010, point 4.
perl 5.16 transition: fix bugs
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages; or maintenance tools ...
Update docs accordingly to svn->git migration:
- (maybe) tips.pod
- [howto/quilt-copyable.pod *cough*]
- Forward all (non Debian specific) patches upstream and add the CPAN RT ids to the patch headers [tools: forward-bug/forward-patch exists (ghedo++), patchedit exists (jozef++)]
Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...) - some stuff fixed, other is more easily fixed by "dh-make-perl --refresh" on the next upgrade ...
Check the documentation on our website: go through all docs and see if they still apply [gregoa]
- Finish uploading packages where the version in the archive doesn't have the group as the maintainer (i.e. adopted packages etc.): check if there is something left, by comparing the packages in Git with Sources.gz and check if any of the packages in our repo still has a version in the archive which has the old maintainer.
Write team-specific questions for NM templates (Enrico's mail).
NM tasks for teams -- found in an even older mail from Enrico
- Multi-arch / cross-building: check if and how we are affected.
QA: cast to pointer from integer of different size: file bugs/fix (http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2012/02/msg00029.html)
- continue breaking it into isolated modules
- improve POD coverage
- combine dh-make-perl's "refresh" with cme's update functionality
- Rewrite packagecheck (in Perl, modular, maybe not only for pkg-perl) [jeremiah]
- review the code that Jeremiah has written to see if it fits our needs (in the scripts repo)
- suggestions for more functionality, feedback, etc.
Also, packagecheck provides some function of "cme check dpkg". It may be better to improve dpkg model taking into account our needs (dod)
- packagecheck is for updating package; do we also need a pre-upload / sponsoring tool? lintian checks or a lintian vendor profile or something similar?
(not exclusively a pkg-perl topic but still)
- maybe setup another instance (rationale? fallback?) [Ansgar]
- run PET3 on Alioth; first talks pet-team - alioth admins; should happen ~ end of August 2011, but didn't -- status update? [Ansgar]
PET project's repo: git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pet/pet3.git
- Check RFP/ITP packages
- Yearly cleanup (remove packages from Git that were injected but never finished for upload)
- Next alioth project member ping: send a "ping" ("Do you still want to be a member?") to those who haven't done something for $time, and remove those who reply with "No" or who don't reply. In order to get a more realistic picture, and maybe also to remove unnecessary permissions. Ansgar has run such a "ping" once (only for non-DD group members, IIRC), and this is a reminder to do it again.
When a new Perl hits unstable
Change some (build) dependencies ("libFOO-perl (>= x.y) | perl (>= 5.1x)" that can be turned around); this is a simple grep + sed or similar over all our packages and a friendly mass-commit.
Then fix all the "package-superseded-by-perl.html" Lintian warnings.
- "cme fix dpkg-control" should do this ...
When oldstable is archived
Update (build) dependencies. E.g. once Lenny is archived, there's no need for "perl (>= 5.10.1) | libFOO-perl ()" anymore, or to depend on versions of packages that are already satisfied in current stable.
- "cme fix dpkg-control" should do this ...