some notes sbout packagecheck vs cme
little suggestion about alternate dep cleanup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
|* After squeeze is archived: remove alternative dependencies / versioned dependencies that refer to oldstable||* After squeeze is archived: remove alternative dependencies / versioned dependencies that refer to oldstable ''can be done by "cme fix dpkg"''|
Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
It should have an up to date list of open tasks, please remove completed tasks; for documentation please add links to the History section below (instead of adding them in between the tasks here).
List of issues that affect our work mode and need discussion.
- wheezy freeze and package updates
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages; or maintainance tools ...
Post svn->git migration tasks/tools/docs
- (maybe) tips.pod
- [howto/quilt-copyable.pod *cough*]
Maintenance of applications in the Debian Perl Group -- included in our Policy already, there are some packages that still need adjustment (→ file bugs with usertags)
Rewrite packagecheck (in Perl, modular, maybe not only for pkg-perl; see also below) (jeremiah) packagecheck provides some function of "cme check dpkg". It may be better to improve dpkg model taking into account our needs (dod)
- forward all (non Debian specific) patches upstream and add the CPAN RT ids to the patch headers [tools: forward-bug/forward-patch exists (ghedo++), patchedit exists (jozef++)]
Fix common lintian-errors repo-wide (e.g. errors from pod2man, missing patch descriptions, ...) - some stuff fixed, other is more easily fixed by "dh-make-perl --refresh" on the next upgrade ...
- Policy 3.8.4: mass update packages? Very old standards-versions might warrant (just for QA work) to be updated, as they were built with very old toolchains. We should at least check packages that have not been updated since Sarge release. (fabreg)
After squeeze is archived: remove alternative dependencies / versioned dependencies that refer to oldstable can be done by "cme fix dpkg"
- Next summer cleanup (remove packages from svn that were injected but never finished for upload)
- Next alioth project member ping
perl 5.12 transition: fix bugs, change some (build) dependencies after 5.12 hits unstable (should be done, is there something left?)
perl 5.14 transition: fix bugs, change some (build) dependencies later (should be done, is there something left?)
Check the documentation on our website.
Policy 3.9.1 (and base-files) has introduced /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-1. #436105
- Check RFP/ITP packages
- Finish uploading packages where the version in the archive doesn't have the group as the maintainer (i.e. adopted packages etc.) (is there something left?)
- After the alioth changes: what needs to be done? (Vcs-* headers? documentation? website? scripts?) (is there something left?)
Team-specific questions for NM templates (Enrico's mail).
NM tasks for teams -- found in an even older mail from Enrico
- Multi-arch / cross-building (?)
QA: cast to pointer from integer of different size: file bugs/fix (http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2012/02/msg00029.html)
- continue breaking it to isolated modules
- make POD coverage pass (by completing the docs)
- combine dh-make-perl's "refresh" with config-edit's update functionality
- review the code that Jeremiah has written to see if it fits our needs
- suggestions for more functionality, feedback, etc.
- both files are in the scripts repo
(not exclusively a pkg-perl topic but still)
it's PET3 in the meantime
PET project's repo: git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pet/pet3.git
- PET3: maybe setup another instance (fallback?)
- PET3 on Alioth; first talks pet-team - alioth admins; should happen ~ end of August 2011, but didn't