"policy": debian/copyright; "packages": Debian Policy 3.8.0
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
| * Policy and tools version migrations: How should we face them? (i.e. auto-bumping up standards versions? Upgrading DH? etc.)
* Adopting packages: Is it better to repackage if packages are reasonably standard?
|Line 36:||Line 39:|
Debian Perl Group - Open tasks
This page collects ideas for tasks within the ["Teams/DebianPerlGroup"]. These tasks can be worked on at DebCamp or might be tackled by volunteers "at home".
List of issues that affect our work mode and need discussion.
build systems ("one debian/rules fits them all"? or "perl_helper" or "dh7")
- patch systems (quilt vs. just using a RCS and having changes in .diff.gz)
- related: source "Format: 3 (quilt)"?
- RCS (svn vs. git)
- developer versions from CPAN
- debian/copyright: who has the copyright for debian/* (individuals or the group), and under which license?
- Policy and tools version migrations: How should we face them? (i.e. auto-bumping up standards versions? Upgrading DH? etc.)
- Adopting packages: Is it better to repackage if packages are reasonably standard?
List of tasks that need to be performed on all/many of our packages.
- dpkg-shlibdeps: warnings about linking to unused libs
- bug triaging/fixing
- new upstream versions (ongoing ...)
- watch files (change to /dist/)
use dh_lintian (debhelper >= 6.0.9) for installing our few lintian overrides
depending on Policy above: dpatch->quilt or dpatch/quilt->RCS or source format 3
- changing debian/copyright to the machine-readable format
- changes due to Debian Policy 3.8.0 (build options, README.source, ...)
Topics that don't fit in the above categories.
- DebianQA scripts
- add support for a mail "bot" that registers mails from dak and adds the "processed", "accepted", "rejected" mail to the shown information
prepare Tincho's talk for DebConf8