Debian Jr. Development
This page describes how development of Debian Junior is done and what practices we follow and conform to.
Using Git for packaging
The debianjr master repository is hosted on alioth. In order to develop existing and add new repositories, first register on alioth and join the debianjr project
When your account is approved and you have joined the debianjr project check out the team master repository with commit access
git clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debianjr/debianjr.git
configure mr to trust the debianjr .mrconfig
echo "/path/to/debianjr/.mrconfig" >> $HOME/.mrtrust
check out either selected repositories
or all of them
mr --force checkout
More detailed documentation on how to work with packaging development (i.e. how to put new packages in the team repository) is available at
Adopt existing packages to the team
To adopt an existing package and put it under Debian Junior team maintainence:
Adopt the package for the team in the Debian BTS (set owner to email@example.com and retitle from O/RFA: package ... to ITA: package ...).
- Join the debianjr project on alioth.
- Move or import the packaging to debianjr git.
- Alter the package to reflect the adoptation (set Maintainer Vcs fields etc).
- Solve bugs filed against the package.
- RFS (Request For Sponsorship) on the list (i.e. ask for a Debian Developer in the team to upload your changes.)
Bonus point for adding the repository to the debianjr master repository mrconfig.
Of course the package needs to build in a clean environment and also be lintian clean.