Debian Images Team
We used to be the Debian CD team, but that's a very out of date name now!
Salsa Team: https://salsa.debian.org/images-team
Documentation: not much
- Services handled by the team:
Interacting with the team
SteveMcIntyre (IRC nick Sledge) is team lead, doing most of the current development of debian-cd and the day-to-day maintenance of the regular builds.
- Mattias Wadenstein (IRC nick maswan) maintains the servers and infrastructure that primarily serve the CD and DVD images.
RaphaelHertzog (IRC nick buxy) wrote YACS (the software that grew into debian-cd) and has provided various fixes since
Frans Pop used to do a huge amount of work on debian-cd and debian-installer integration
JoeyHess used to maintain the task lists that define what packages need to go onto the CDs for debian-installer
- Santiago Garcia used to run the regular builds, and the scripts in use today are still based on his work
We produce CD/DVD/USB images to help people install Debian. That means that we need to work regularly with other teams to make things work:
the Release Team
- the architecture porters
Then the work splits into two parts:
- Developing the debian-cd software itself
- Using that software regularly to generate and publish our images, both daily/weekly for testing images and straight after each release for official stable images
Help test our images - download, test installations and report bugs
Look at the debian-cd bug list and see if you can help fix things
mkisofs / genisoimage problems (especially on hfs hybrid images)
DebianCd - old debian-cd information page
DebianCDTester - Martin Ferrari's project to develop a testing tool for debian CD images]
DebianLive - Debian Live images
- Browse the Git repositories:
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd (core debian-cd code)
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/setup (the scripts in use on cdbuilder.debian.org, the CD build machine)
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/package-lists (lists of packages contained in releases, used for update-cd)
https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/live-setup (the scripts we use on cdbuilder.debian.org to make live and openstack images)
/OfficialBuildSetup - details of how our build machines are set up to build and publish our images.