Alioth Project: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-cd
Documentation: not much
- Services handled by the team:
Interacting with the team
SteveMcIntyre (IRC nick Sledge) is team lead, doing most of the current development of debian-cd and the day-to-day maintenance of the regular builds.
- Mattias Wadenstein (IRC nick maswan) maintains the servers and infrastructure that primarily serve the CD and DVD images.
RaphaelHertzog (IRC nick buxy) wrote YACS (the software that grew into debian-cd) and has provided various fixes since.
JoeyHess maintains the task lists that define what packages need to go onto the CDs for debian-installer.
Frans Pop used to do a huge amount of work on debian-cd and debian-installer integration
- Santiago Garcia used to run the regular builds, and the scripts in use today are still based on his
We produce CDs and DVDs to help people install Debian. That means that we need to work regularly with other teams to make things work:
the Release Team
- the architecture porters
Then the work splits into two parts:
- Developing the debian-cd software itself
- Using that software regularly to generate and publish CD and DVD images, both daily/weekly for testing images and straight after each release for official stable images
Help test our images - download, test installations and report bugs
Look at the debian-cd bug list and see if you can help fix things
mkisofs / genisoimage problems (especially on hfs hybrid images)
DebianCd - old debian-cd information page
DebianCDTester - Martin Ferrari's project to develop a testing tool for debian CD images]
DebianLive - Debian Live CDs
Browse the Git repository: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-cd/debian-cd.git;a=summary
- URL for git checkouts: git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-cd/debian-cd.git