Talk Room Hardware Setup
The three talk rooms require largely the same equipment:
- 2x Headset mic for presenters. Headset mics provide good quality sound, while still being easy to put on presenters and ensures a constant distance between the presenter's mouth and the mic.
- 2x handheld cordless mic for questions from the floor
- 2x Ambient omni-directional condenser mics for room noise. These only get sent to the camera feed, as they allow any questions asked without a mic to be heard on camera.
- 2x Mic stand for the ambient mics
- 1x Stereo DI Box for capturing the presenter laptop sound.
- 1x Mixer (8ch XLR in, aux and mains out). The aux out gets sent to the house speakers and the mains to the main camera for recording and streaming.
- 1x Audio snake for running between the front and back of the room. This should have 8 inputs running from the front of house to the back and 4 returns running from the back to the front of house
- 2x Speakers (active or with amplifier) for sound reinforcement in the venue
- Assorted cabling to connect the various pieces of equipment.
- 2x Camera
- 1x Opsis board (with power supply)
- 1x Opsis capture PC
- 1x Mixing PC
- 1x 4 port switch
- Assorted cabling
- Video projector
- Video screen