- IRC: #debconf-sponsors@oftc
debian-sponsors Git repository (Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your Salsa info)
Git URL: email@example.com:debconf-team/sponsors/sponsors.git
How to do the sponsor file: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Sponsors-list-format-2.0
You should avoid saying sponsors' names publically until they have committed.
- check the files in the current year's sponsors-list directory in the git repository in order to see the status of the potential sponsor and addresses
send an email to the contact and CC firstname.lastname@example.org. This email should include:
- a modified version of the email template for the current year (available in the git repository)
the current year's sponsorship flyer (usually available at https://media.debconf.org/dcYY/fundraising/debconfYY_sponsorship_flyer_en.pdf)
a link to the current year's sponsorship brochure (usually available at https://media.debconf.org/dcYY/fundraising/debconfYY_sponsorship_brochure_en.pdf)
- update the sponsor file in git
- check the sponsor file in order to see the status.
- update the sponsor file when you communicate with them
Finalizing the deal
- Ask for a physical mail address (invocing information), contact person, and preferably email address. Invoice media preferences (email with a pdf or post mail) Record this in git.
- Ask for a physical mail address and person (most probably our contact) to send the thank you letter and "sponsor bag" (containing a t-shirt and other items all the attendees get) after the conference
Ask for a logo to place on our website or T-Shirt, a vectorized logo graphic with transparent background (SVG is best, pdf and eps are ok).
- place a note with the confirmed amount into the sponsors-table and move the entry to the correct section
- place the sponsors logo in the correct section on the website
- Write an invoice (work with the budget folks for this - where are we going to get money sent)
- Send it via email or post
- Confirm money is well received
At the end of the conference
Send a "sponsor bag" and "thank you" letter to every sponsor, including:
- Thank you letter
- conference bag
- other items given to all attendees
This is best done during the conference and not afterwards. It's much easier to pack everything during the conference and to collect the missing contact info.
Updating the sponsor-table
ALWAYS: when you add / update a sponsor's entry, add your name and the date so that we can see at a glance where things are up to. If you're pinging a company contact without responses, still list those so that we know what's going on. We don't want to flood-ping people by accident!